Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Has Sprung, do you switch carry pistols?

Default Spring Has Sprung, do you switch carry pistols?

This year for the first time in almost forever, I am gong to switch from my 1911 CCO, to a K40. The K40 is slightly lighter, and smaller. Conceals a wee bit better under a T shirt. Not giving up a lot ammo wise, 7+1 vs 6+1. 230grn vs 180grn.

I am also switching out my backup, from a Rugger LCR, to a Beretta JetFire (.25ACP), that is a big change, but easier to conceal, not sure if it's lighter or not.

Question: Do you folks switch carry pieces based upon the weather/season?
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Question: Do you folks switch carry pieces based upon the weather/season?
    I do not switch to larger, because - don't know if it's actually true, and hope I never find out - I feel that my PM9 is sufficient.

I do. Hate to carry IWB if I can't have a tshirt on underneath the holster. So I usually pocket carry in the warmer months when an outer shirt is not comfortable.

I generally don't switch. I wear a real light (wife beater shirt) like a tank top. As I have to have cloth between me and the IWB holster. Then a light button shirt over that. Generally I can tolerate the heat if it's too warm. Of course at home or around the yard, mowing and such, I don't care about concealment. I just wear the tank top. The 1911 just feels right.
    I tried switching to the Sig 365 but found that the commander just carries nicer for some reason. This year I'm gonna try my new officer size MRI in 45. Haven't shot it yet, hoping my old hands and wrist don't complain too much.
    A friend stopped by and showed me his LCP Max which was kind of nice but I suspect it would be like the 365 and just not feel right.
    I used to always have the PM45 on my ankle, don't do that much these days and I rarely leave the house.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

During cold winter weather I used to pocket carry (in a jacket) my CW9 in a Remora holster. The remainder of the year it was an LCP in my shorts pocket.

For the past year it has been the LCP Max in my shorts pocket.
    Our “winter”, such as it was, only lasted about a week…..and I had given the CW9 to my son.

But if next winter actually makes an appearance, I will tote this new S9. Don’t have a holster for it yet and don’t know if I’ll go for the Remora jacket pocket again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Army, it has been warming up around here. When I’m in draw band shorts that S9 has replaced my Shield Plus. So slim and sooo light! I think you will enjoy it, but of course you will as you were running with that CW9 already.

I can carry any no matter the weather........................

Default Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall

I've settled on carrying a sub-compact, OWB, cross-draw, for some time.
    Always with two reloads and often with a BUG.
    Really doesn't matter what weather or season it is.

Was running a HK P2000SK 357 with hot Underwood ammo (125 gr GDHP @ 1,475 fps).
    But have switched to a HK VP9SK with a Holosun SCS green dot optic.
    Even with flush mags I'm getting 12+1 capacity and shoot Lights Out with the optic.
    Winchester Ranger T-Series 147 gr standard pressure doesn't have the horsepower of 357 Sig.
    But I'm liking the extra capacity (vs 9+1) and paper doesn't lie

I don’t change, I’m a creature of habit……Morning pocket load out is wallet, keys, folding knife, tiny Streamlight flashlight, PM9 in front jeans pocket in a Sticky holster and 1 extra mag in offside back pocket…….Works for me

I’ve been toting the G48 a lot. Think as long as I’m wearing a button up shirt in the summer I’ll keep carrying it. Don’t really care if it prints or not.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/