CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Good Deals

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Gotta love G10. What is the emblem jeep?
    He aint tellin, but I think it’s Nighthawk I love those grips and think they make it look like a Legion.

I'll be 78 in June and I know I'll never go hunting or do varmint shooting, so I need to divest myself of a lot of unused guns and other stuff.
    I just put out a bunch of money on driveway repair and expansion for the new van to park. I just put out almost $5K for a new inverter generator, and just paid $4,200 for a new A/C air handler yesterday! The money from our savings is dwindling and being diverted to other things instead of house renovation... too much of my stuff in the way for floor replacement and kitchen reno. We'll have to rent a pod for temporary storage for that... and have a garage sale to get rid of a lot of stuff... and maybe one of those big haul-away-your-junk dumpsters for stuff I don't "need" to save anymore.
    A LOT of money will go towards getting the new van for travel and I just listed my old van for sale on AutoTrader and got a nibble. So much to do... and my memory isn't getting better, but I'm still agile and mobile... for now!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I’m sure it is hard to let go of so much of the old, and to move towards so much of the new, but from an outside perspective you seem to be doing what is best for your soul. I applaud that! I hope you can recoup those funds in the sell offs, get in that van and have the best times of your life with your soul mate by your side. You got a semi stranger over here rootin for ya!

Maybe a small advice… before the expense and labor of the haul off. My buddy had a similar situation. After 4 yard sales, he still had a ton of left overs. He advertised a “sold as a lot” on Craigslist, Offer Up and Facebook Marketplace, trying to attract resellers. After “by appointment only” showing it to 4 or 5 people, someone offered him $5k for everything, with the understanding that they had to come scoop it all up, load it all up and take it all away. He saved his back, got some dough and simplified things real good if you ask me.

I just can't throw everything away. I save bits of plastic and metal and all screws, nuts, bolts, and other hardware for reuse. I have a lot of obsolete computer stuff and some that never was opened... and a bunch of DVR's... DVD and VHS recorders and over-the-air TV recorders, etc., and they all take up space... plus bins of garage sale stuff and gun show vendor stuff. Most stuff is obsolete and not getting better, but could peddle some on a stereo chat room, if I weren't so lazy! Ebay, too.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Maybe one of those intervention’s is needed? Lol! Sounds like marketed at the right place, you’d have a nice little fortune. But, I know what you mean. Even at my young age, sometimes I’ll forego a buck in favor of relaxation. Sometimes penny wise and pound foolish, other times not so much. I know we all have our own value systems, but I’m like you. I’d rather relax sometimes than work on a thing that might save me or make me a little more dough.

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I'll be 78 in June and I know I'll never go hunting or do varmint shooting, so I need to divest myself of a lot of unused guns and other stuff.
    I just put out a bunch of money on driveway repair and expansion for the new van to park. I just put out almost $5K for a new inverter generator, and just paid $4,200 for a new A/C air handler yesterday! The money from our savings is dwindling and being diverted to other things instead of house renovation... too much of my stuff in the way for floor replacement and kitchen reno. We'll have to rent a pod for temporary storage for that... and have a garage sale to get rid of a lot of stuff... and maybe one of those big haul-away-your-junk dumpsters for stuff I don't "need" to save anymore.
    A LOT of money will go towards getting the new van for travel and I just listed my old van for sale on AutoTrader and got a nibble. So much to do... and my memory isn't getting better, but I'm still agile and mobile... for now!
    We had a rummage sale last year. Not as large as yours would/could be but we needed garage room. Took a couple of days to get organized. I don't really like having strangers coming to the house but so far, no stalkers that I know of. Had a steady stream of people for the weekend. Got rid of sets of patio furniture, some small table stuff, nick knacks, snowblower. and made $1500 in the process. Now we have a major portion of the garage back. We were tired but it was worth doing while we still could. This year on june 28-29 is the city/town wide rummage. That's when we had the sale last year. More traffic. As always, I still can't believe what some people will want/buy.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Gotta love G10. What is the emblem jeep?
    It is a Hawk.

https://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread....porium/page166
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I just have quit looking at gun ads.....way to many good deals lately! This is brand new and not used.
    Lol, the best advice ever.
    Personally, I don't remember a day in the last 2 years that I haven't thought about buying a new weapon. I just started going to shooting ranges often 2 years ago, and almost every time I try a new gun. Of course, mostly I experiment with shooting accuracy, but when I like a gun - I want to buy it to my small collection, but my wife doesn't approve of that....

Another good deal for my brothers… if you are into .40 S&W. I have 3 G17’s that I purchased this way (LE trade in’s). Mine are all gen 4’s as I appreciate the finger grooved grip modules. The wifey does too. Her fave 9mm ever. All 3 came in being in great shape, working well for the bit that I’ve shot each, before adding compensator’s. But anyway, here you go:
    https://www.guns.com/firearms/handgu...-used?p=929320
    IMG_7923.jpg

Well if you want a .40 here is another good deal from a local shop here in Minnesota:
    Someone buy it so I don't have to!

https://southwest-arms.com/usedfirearms/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!