Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Kahr 9mm 8 or 10 Round Mags In PM9?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Your permit is specific to your gun? You have to add each gun you want to carry? I know the officers had to qualify with each gun they wanted to carry off duty. I had to keep track of that stuff. A few had 10 or more guns on the list. Quals were a pain.
    I was glad I didn't have to do that. At least here in WA we don't have to do a class or list each gun we want to carry. Course now the permit don't do a lot of good, have to wait for background checks like everybody else. Gone are the days you could walk in, pick a gun, do the instant check over the phone and take your prize home with you.
    In my IA (San Mateo County, Sheriff's Office issues), you get up to 3 handguns, with .380 being the lower limit caliber-wise, and you need to qual with all on the permit (one class, a course of fire for each gun). I keep it simple, currently all 9mm, though perhaps a P380 or similar for the pocket someday?

Qual's are a PITA for me when you have small capacity mags with stiff springs like these micro sub-compacts, especially when you're almost 70 and don't have the hand strength you used to have and need to use a mag loader LOL! Hence, I want to have enough loaded mags for each (so 5 for the Kahr PM9 with a soon to be purchased 8 rounder added, and 4 for the Sig P365), which will get me through the various strings without holding everyone up.

I'm lucky to be doing mine in late spring/early summer, as the last group doing theirs at the range I go to with SF PD's trainers had snow (Santa Cruz mountains, rarely snows but occasionally), and they did theirs while it was snowing LOL!
    Last edited by djd100; 05-02-2024 at 02:40 PM.