Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr 9mm 8 or 10 Round Mags In PM9?

Detectives usually have more flex as far as what they carry. Our dept was that way. If they put on a uniform they carry the standard issue.
    Kahrs used to be on the approved NYPD carry list, hence that horrible NY trigger that no longer exist.

I also vividly recall the episode where his sister was taken hostage in the courtroom. Danny comes to the rescue bringing them a car and telling the guy he's done every thing he asked. Then used the Reagan secret code "Don't hurt my family" when he pulled a 1911 out of the front fender well as his sister jerked away and Danny shot him. Pretty cool trick on that one, loved the secret code. Even Frank voiced the words as he watched it somehow on video.

Only plan me and the missus have is she always walks on my left, stays away from my strong side. Also common knowledge that I generally shoot slightly left under pressure so in a hostage situation, she knows to break right or her left, just as a caution.

Guess it's just a hope for the best, plan for the worst life we live in. Doubt I'll ever have to draw my weapon as long as I live but I sure ain't leaving it at home.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well I think you may want to wear a rubber suit rather than worry about self defense in Washington.....just watched a WEATHER CHANNEL program saying your area is due for MAJOR QUAKE! The area in RED is HOT ZONE.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Let me guess, jeep. Brought on by climate change?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Well I think you may want to wear a rubber suit rather than worry about self defense in Washington.....just watched a WEATHER CHANNEL program saying your area is due for MAJOR QUAKE! The area in RED is HOT ZONE.....
    Actually that's perfect. That's where all the people who need to get voted out hang out. Hopefully it turns into a giant sink hole and swallows the whole bunch. Drain swamp as it were. I'm a little close to that but if it swallows me as well, I do it for my country.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You're a good man Colonel, willing to take one for the team as it were

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Yeah but Danny's K40 holds 26 rounds. Welcome to Hollywood. Steven Segals 1911's hold 32.
    Ha, ain't that the truth LOL!

Yeah, more the merrier, and to that end I have a new Sig P365 that will start getting carried next year when I can add the Sig to my permit (yeah, my CA IA is swamped with new applicants so no additions unless for malfunction, theft or loss. No worries, my trusty PM9 with Maggut's +1's will keep us safe out and about until then.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by djd100; 05-01-2024 at 02:13 PM.

Your permit is specific to your gun? You have to add each gun you want to carry? I know the officers had to qualify with each gun they wanted to carry off duty. I had to keep track of that stuff. A few had 10 or more guns on the list. Quals were a pain.
    I was glad I didn't have to do that. At least here in WA we don't have to do a class or list each gun we want to carry. Course now the permit don't do a lot of good, have to wait for background checks like everybody else. Gone are the days you could walk in, pick a gun, do the instant check over the phone and take your prize home with you.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Your permit is specific to your gun? You have to add each gun you want to carry? I know the officers had to qualify with each gun they wanted to carry off duty. I had to keep track of that stuff. A few had 10 or more guns on the list. Quals were a pain.
    I was glad I didn't have to do that. At least here in WA we don't have to do a class or list each gun we want to carry. Course now the permit don't do a lot of good, have to wait for background checks like everybody else. Gone are the days you could walk in, pick a gun, do the instant check over the phone and take your prize home with you.
    In my IA (San Mateo County, Sheriff's Office issues), you get up to 3 handguns, with .380 being the lower limit caliber-wise, and you need to qual with all on the permit (one class, a course of fire for each gun). I keep it simple, currently all 9mm, though perhaps a P380 or similar for the pocket someday?

Qual's are a PITA for me when you have small capacity mags with stiff springs like these micro sub-compacts, especially when you're almost 70 and don't have the hand strength you used to have and need to use a mag loader LOL! Hence, I want to have enough loaded mags for each (so 5 for the Kahr PM9 with a soon to be purchased 8 rounder added, and 4 for the Sig P365), which will get me through the various strings without holding everyone up.

I'm lucky to be doing mine in late spring/early summer, as the last group doing theirs at the range I go to with SF PD's trainers had snow (Santa Cruz mountains, rarely snows but occasionally), and they did theirs while it was snowing LOL!
    Last edited by djd100; 05-02-2024 at 02:40 PM.