Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: Kahr 9mm 8 or 10 Round Mags In PM9?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What he said. Gripping the bare magazine body changes your grip and possibly your point of aim.

I didn't have 10-rounders, but at the range and for carry reloads, liked to use the 8-rounders for that extra shot or two... PM9(sold) or my P9 now. If I carry the P9, it is with an 8-round reload in on-belt mag carrier on my opposite side. I do have IWB and on-belt mag carriers, but increasingly less space inside the waistline.

More carried ammo is always better, especially with small capacity single-stack Kahrs.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    What he said. Gripping the bare magazine body changes your grip and possibly your point of aim.

I didn't have 10-rounders, but at the range and for carry reloads, liked to use the 8-rounders for that extra shot or two... PM9(sold) or my P9 now. If I carry the P9, it is with an 8-round reload in on-belt mag carrier on my opposite side. I do have IWB and on-belt mag carriers, but increasingly less space inside the waistline.

More carried ammo is always better, especially with small capacity single-stack Kahrs.
    Great, thank you!

I have the four mag extension sleeves, so I'll use the un-extended 6 rounders close in, and the various extended mags further out for a full three finger grip, done deal!

I have that same waistline affliction LOL!
    Last edited by djd100; 04-30-2024 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post

We recently picked up the boxed set of "Blue Bloods". I cringe whenever the main character (Danny), goes into a gunfight with his K40. The setting is back in the 2010s. So you know that bad guys were not rocking revolvers or low capacity autos of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    We recently picked up the boxed set of "Blue Bloods". I cringe whenever the main character (Danny), goes into a gunfight with his K40. The setting is back in the 2010s. So you know that bad guys were not rocking revolvers or low capacity autos of any kind.
    Why cringe? Criminals had higher capacity fullautos, semiautos, and semiautomatic rifles for decades even back when revolvers were standard issued in the majority of departments. Multiple armed attackers existed back then too. I simply carry a spare magazines or 2 if I want more capacity. The KISS method.

/ENDRANT