I got a notice from Kahr Arms that the flat, stainless steel magazine bottoms & the retainer plates for the standard 7 round K9 magazines were back in stock. I went ahead and ordered two sets, the total with shipping was around $40.

I was hoping to gain a little in the way of concealability over the standard polymer floorplates and I have to say that not only is the difference in length not that significant but they really expose how big the gap is between the bottom of the frame and the floorplate. I guess I don't have enough posts yet to have permission to add photos but for anyone who has also tried them you'll know how they look. I'm seriously considering sending them back. The parts, which are simple stampings look like they should be about $10 total per mag.

I searched some past threads and saw mention of people using O rings around the bottoms of the mags as spacers but that doesn't seem like a great solution. I think a better idea would be for someone with a 3D printer to make up some kind of spacer to fit around the mag body and take up the gap and still allow the mag to seat and latch properly. Maybe it could be held in place with some mild adhesive that would still allow the floorplate to be removed for cleaning when necessary ?

I just thought I'd mention this in case other members received a similar notice and were thinking of placing an order.