Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PM45 Trigger Reset problem

it's sure out of time somewhere. Has to be a bad trigger bar or a complete bad slide. A a shame. Hope you will report back to us what they did to make it well...

Default Trigger Reset problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    it's sure out of time somewhere. Has to be a bad trigger bar or a complete bad slide. A a shame. Hope you will report back to us what they did to make it well...
    That's a post from a while back. Sent the pistol to Kahr and got it back ASAP.
    Works perfectly now.

I love the pistol.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Default Trigger reset???

I did not read all the posts and I understand the problem with the 45 is different from my question. I also understand trigger reset and its value for the follow up shots. However, as I understand it, the Kahr - or at least my PM40 has such a long reset, that for all practical purposes, there is effectively no real reset. The trigger must be released all the way forward to hear the click for reset. It is not like a Glock where the trigger is released slightly to get the reset click. Kahr (PM40) have a LONNNNGGG reset just like they have a long trigger pull. Something to get used to.

I am just checking to be certain this is a fact for PM40's. I'd be interested to hear from others. Thanks.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Your exactly right in my opinion. There virtually is no reset. You gotta let it all the way out and start over. Try to short cut and it's game over. Both my K40 and my PM45 are the same. You just have to deal with it.

Come to think of it I'd love to see what Jerry Miculek could do with a Kahr. I bet he could make it sing.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Thanks Bawanna45cal. I'd love to hear him play the tunes off a Kahr too. It can be done.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Some observations.

A Glock or M&P is fully cocked each time the slide cycles. As long as the connector is just forward of the striker block, it will reset when the striker dogleg re-engages the sear. The connectors on my Glocks and M&P's are reworked so the trigger does not need to move forward very far to release the striker block and sear to allow reset, thus allowing rapid follow-up shots.

The Kahr is "mostly" cocked by the slide. The connector activates a dual lobe cam instead of a conventional sear. The first lobe depresses the striker block, then the second lobe pushes the striker dogleg rearward until it rotates out of the way and releases the striker. An ingenius idea, but the length of travel required to accomplish it is much greater than conventional striker fired designs. I do like the fact that there is a very tactile reset, even though it requires the trigger to return forward about 90% of travel to accomplish it. It's rather like a very smooth, light, double action revolver. It becomes a muscle memory excercise which, as Jerry Miculek says, requires 1000 repetitions to accomplish.

The more I shoot my PM9, the more it grows on me. Mine is the MA compliant model with manual safety. The safety is also quite simple and effective - rotating it pushes the connector away from the cam so it can't fire.

It sounds like Kahr product support came through OK on Rob's PM45.

Nice holsters Rob. That's next on my list.
    "There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result!"
    ~Sir Winston Churchill

Well, I got my .45 back yesterday. Fixed and, well, better than new. One week from the day I sent it until it was back in my hands (shipped it Friday and had it back Friday). They replaced the cocking cam spring. Seems all good now!

A+ for customer service.