Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: New Recoil Spring Did The Trick

Default New Recoil Spring Did The Trick

I was having a problem with the infamous FTF with my CW40. The gun started out fine but after 500 rds began to get worse. Called Kahr and they sent a new recoil spring. Bingo!!! The gun has performed flawlessly ever since.

By the way, the folks at Kahr were easy to get in touch with and very accommodating. I'm beginning to think that all of these folks who post negatively about Kahr service on other sites (Glock Talk?!) must actually be from competitor gun manufacturers!

Default and indeed

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutrigger View Post
    I was having a problem with the infamous FTF with my CW40. The gun started out fine but after 500 rds began to get worse. Called Kahr and they sent a new recoil spring. Bingo!!! The gun has performed flawlessly ever since.

By the way, the folks at Kahr were easy to get in touch with and very accommodating. I'm beginning to think that all of these folks who post negatively about Kahr service on other sites (Glock Talk?!) must actually be from competitor gun manufacturers!
    ur assumption is probably right. New Recoil springs seem to solve alot of issues, along with periodical magazine spring changes..

A follow-up to say that when cleaning my CW40 today after yesterday's trip to the range the gun was very dirty. I was shooting some off brand ammunition bought at the height of the ammo shortage. If there was ever a time for problems, the black powder residue I found would have caused them. The new spring really did make all the difference. Even with a filthy pistol it worked perfectly.

I think most all would be very suprised as just how dirty a kahr can get and continue to do it's thing every time. I put them in about the same category as glocks..