CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: upgrade GI model or just buy loaded 1911?

Is that a springfield jeepster? I love that dark o.d. Green and black. The local gs has a champion operator that is super sweet.

Bawanna, the local gs has the remington in stock for 600. I didn't handle it, but it did look really nice. If all the internals are already upgraded like you said, it might have a step ahead of the springfield and para gi models. Definately gonna have to go back and check that one out. The shooting range I go to in delaware has well over a hundred guns I can rent, and cheap to. So I can try out a few different ones and decide what just feels right. I'd buy used if I could find one, but around here you don't see any 1911s for sale used. Guess that's a good testament to their design.

Quote Originally Posted by snatch View Post
    Is that a springfield jeepster? I love that dark o.d. Green and black. The local gs has a champion operator that is super sweet.
    Para Ordnance Night Watch LDA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Nice pics again jeepster. I can't tell makes and models on the crackberry screen, its to small. But I could tell that was a taurus judge. There's no mistakin that huge cylinder. Did you coat all those frames and slides yourself? Looks great. Makes me wanna give the old m&p compact the two tone treatment

http://www.1911r1.com/Products/Firea...el-1911r1.aspx

Heres the Remington site. I see it does have dovetailed sights front and rear. They say tight tolerances, lowered flared ejection port, a crisp trigger.
    I'd love to hold one.
    Buds list them now but they don't have any. They are getting 580 delivered so your local GS is right in there money wise. Support local when we can.
    Should be a plethora of 1911's out next year, most all the manufactures got plans for some sort of commemorative. Some shooter grade many keep it in the box and drool on it with cotton gloves grades.

Too rich for me but I can sure drool and look with the best of them. Speaking of which I gotta go empty my drool cup.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."