Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK9 with frame safety

Default MK9 with frame safety

is it possible to swap parts with a pm9 tob make an mk9 with frame safety? Have they ever made a mk9 with frame safety?

no, to first question and no to second question.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do that and why would you want one? The trigger pull is about 3/4 of a mile long like a fine revolver. Safe as can be to me and I'm still working on keeping my finger off the trigger. Too many nailguns in a previous life.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Heck anything is possible, but you wold need to do some major modifications

not to start a thread about safeties, as these are a deeply personal choice, but wife wants a frame safety, and she likes the steel version more.

I'd find a small frame revolver and do a side by side comparison with your wife doing the shooting. Educate her in operation of both. Emphasize that the lack of a safety is one less thing to deal with.
    The length of pull on a Kahr lends itself to deliberate trigger operation to fire and many many here are comfortable carrying them in their pocket. That to me is proof that the gun is pretty safe even without the frame safety.
    I think if your wife gets a little trigger time with a Kahr she'll understand that a manual safety isn't all that important.
    The MK is a sweet little gun. She might opt for one of the PM's or CW's for the lighter weight but the MK is really nice.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

She liked the heavier weight of the MK9 because of less felt recoil.

She really likes the m&p 9mm compact, be she is such a little girl, that she can't conceal it. The kahr melt away on her hip.

Default Pm9

Consider the pm9 which is much lighter and have her pratice with standard pressure 9mm ammo. I have both MK9 and PM9 and love em both. You can also mag-na-port the PM and it will shoot like a cream puff.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Kahrs View Post
    Consider the pm9 which is much lighter and have her pratice with standard pressure 9mm ammo. I have both MK9 and PM9 and love em both. You can also mag-na-port the PM and it will shoot like a cream puff.
    Mag-na-port? What's that?

Default Mag-na-port

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    Mag-na-port? What's that?
    Mag-na-port International--The Mag-na-port Process: Handgun Porting