Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Still won't let me add one....

Sounds like a job for our technical dept. Jocko? Are you about.

I'm not too strong in some of this computer stuff but there's some real smart folks around here.

If we can't figure it out I'll take it upstairs to the top, actually the elevator would be handier for me 84th floor an all, to JohnH, our fearless leader, he's wicked smart on this stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I just played around with changing my avatar using larger than allowed images and then going back to the one I sized correctly. Every time I changed the avatar and saved the change, the upload "failed" but the change was made... no problems!

You have to select using an avatar and then browse for one on your computer or input a URL to one for use. I would advise saving a copy to your computer and then cropping the COPY -- NOT the original -- to the size/ratio that you want and then saving that to be your avatar. I also correctly size mine as well, but whatever you select will be re-sized to fit into 80 by 80 pixels, though cropping can help get the effect that you want beforehand.

I use MS Paint to convert image types... GIFs to JPG, etc. Then I use the MS Fax and Photo viewer to edit the JPG... crop and re-size, etc. Again, I would advise making a copy to EDIT so that you won't lose the original image.

Update: I now use Microsoft office 2010 to edit my photos... easy to crop and resize.

Wynn
    Last edited by wyntrout; 01-07-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

How about this?

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

OMG.... I love it!!

I don't even see the option to allow me an avatar. When i click on "edit avatar" in my control panel. It comes up with with something that says "currevt avatar" and box is clicked that says "do not use an avatar" It won't let me unclick it though.

Haven,

Try logging out and back in.
    If you want that one resized, let me know

NRA Life Member

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

I just tried to add it for you apparently without success, it said it was successful, Boss, I hope I didn't break anything.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It added it but it's huge.
    Needs to be resized
    BRB

NRA Life Member

I had my neice come see if she could get it to work. She clicks on edit and the one you tried putting in for me was there. But, she clicked something and then it disapeared.