Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: P9 hit the 1000 round mark yesterday.

Talking P9 hit the 1000 round mark yesterday.

Well often times people only post when they have problems with a firearm. I figured a posting was due, about how satisfied I am with my P9, putting 1k rounds downrange without a single issue.

I put 200 rounds through it yesterday to bring the total up to 1000 rounds.

I have fed this thing:
    147g Ranger JHP`s x 25
    124g Fed JHP HST`s x100
    124g Fed JHP Hydra-Shok`s x100
    115g Fed JHP 9BP Hi-Shok x50
    115g Rem JHP x75
    115g blazer brass FMJ x300
    115g Fed FMJ x200
    115g Speer lawman FMJ x50
    115g Remington FMJ x100

I bought this gun because I needed something lighter and slimmer than my Springfield XD9 Sub compact. I was apprehensive to purchase the P9 because I had read a lot of complaints and problems that people had/have with Kahrs in general. However I am very pleased with its reliability, accuracy, and ease of carry.

So if your on the fence about buying one, Id say go for it. This P9 has been a great pistol.

Thanks for the heads up, usually all you hear is problems, and never the good ones. been leaning toward too the p9, Does the p9 have a flavor it likes more than the others? or likes?

Default P9 good pistol

I have to say that my P9 is an excellent pistol after some "teething" issues.

I think that 200 round break-in should be called a 200 round proof test. You don't want to take any unproven weapon to battle, but for the price of these pistols I expect fewer problems. I had somebody say that 99% of Kahr pistols have zero problems but even if that person knows what he's writing about, it does seem to be 100% problems if you buy 1 lemon.

Buy one. Expect the worst. Kahr has nice folks in product service. They'll make it right if you have problems.

Good luck,

Default proof test--- break in

Quote Originally Posted by Jim K View Post
    I have to say that my P9 is an excellent pistol after some "teething" issues.

I think that 200 round break-in should be called a 200 round proof test. You don't want to take any unproven weapon to battle, but for the price of these pistols I expect fewer problems. I had somebody say that 99% of Kahr pistols have zero problems but even if that person knows what he's writing about, it does seem to be 100% problems if you buy 1 lemon.

Buy one. Expect the worst. Kahr has nice folks in product service. They'll make it right if you have problems.

Good luck,
    probably in the eys of Kahr Inc. means the same thing. no doubt when one has an issue it is a big issue to him no matter what the issue is. the nature of the beast to. things happen. Man makes them, machines produce them, vendors screw up after the fact. guns are not the only thing that break down.

I have an audi a4 that is a darn nice care except i have replaced 3 of the 4 coils on this car in less than 50,000 miles. warranty is gone, two power window units, one fuel pump. Now these are vendor made products that audi buys assuming they are OK., and that should not wear out also.... Needless to say mine were not. My recourse as with any product is to not buy one again.

Been there done that with guns also. Owned 3 kel tec and none were worth a darn, Read their forum, most posters love um, again sh-t happens..

Not sure I would buy anything and expect the worst. I would rather not ever need to know how good of a service dept. any company has.

Great info!

I hope my new CW9 works that well!

Default no problem

Quote Originally Posted by LLDJR View Post
    Great info!

I hope my new CW9 works that well!
    ur cw9 will shoot until the cows come home, trust me on that. It is a solid well made quality handgun..

Default Buy P9

QUOTE=jocko;3480]probably in the eys of Kahr Inc. means the same thing. no doubt when one has an issue it is a big issue to him no matter what the issue is. the nature of the beast to. things happen. Man makes them, machines produce them, vendors screw up after the fact. guns are not the only thing that break down.

I have an audi a4 that is a darn nice care except i have replaced 3 of the 4 coils on this car in less than 50,000 miles. warranty is gone, two power window units, one fuel pump. Now these are vendor made products that audi buys assuming they are OK., and that should not wear out also.... Needless to say mine were not. My recourse as with any product is to not buy one again.

Been there done that with guns also. Owned 3 kel tec and none were worth a darn, Read their forum, most posters love um, again sh-t happens..

Not sure I would buy anything and expect the worst. I would rather not ever need to know how good of a service dept. any company has.[/QUOTE]

I purchased my P9 because I could not find another pistol in the same class that appeared to have the same quality. Damn it, now it is the best concealed carry pistol I own. (I own many.) My gripe is that one should expect 101% reliability for the money spent on these pistols. I maintain that "break-in " is BS.

Proof is making sure there is no problems. For $700 there should be nada.

The ONLY reason I'll buy another Kahr is because of their excellent product support. If you get a lemon they will fix it. Just expect some heartburn in the interim.

I will not buy one if I need a reliable weapon in a hurry.

I have a CW9 and it has performed flawless with over 900 rounds. I can hit bowling pins at 35 yards with it in a standing position. For me thats some good shooting, the gun shoots way better than I do. Im very happy with my purchase and I would recommend the CW9 to anyone looking for a quality firearm.

Update : 1300 Rounds, no malfunctions!

This gun really seems to like 147g Federal HST`s. They are the most accurate ammo I have shot out of it so far.