Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Defense Round Test Results

no the dpx round is an all copper barnes HP round, you will get super fully pedal expansion and thhose pedals are super sharp to. Almost 100% bullet weight retention. The power ball has the nylon tip on it. It doesnt expand like the dpx round but if it won't feed in any 9mm, then it is time to peddle the gun.

Corbon Pow'rball has the polymer ball. DPX I think stands for Deep Penetration Xtreme and doesn't have the polymer ball.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

A newbie question perhaps (sorry), but I'm trying to figure out the difference between these two pictures. Were the two samples shot at different ranges? If not, why do they look different?

Quote Originally Posted by kwilly View Post
    A newbie question perhaps (sorry), but I'm trying to figure out the difference between these two pictures. Were the two samples shot at different ranges? If not, why do they look different?
    It's okay to be a newbie and ask questions! They look different because the bottom picture shows the used bullets bottoms up - the back side of the bullet.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Well, that was almost too obvious! Makes perfect sense now that I know (funny how that works).

Thanks, OldLincoln!

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    no the dpx round is an all copper barnes HP round, you will get super fully pedal expansion and thhose pedals are super sharp to. Almost 100% bullet weight retention. The power ball has the nylon tip on it. It doesnt expand like the dpx round but if it won't feed in any 9mm, then it is time to peddle the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetmanski View Post
    Corbon Pow'rball has the polymer ball. DPX I think stands for Deep Penetration Xtreme and doesn't have the polymer ball.
    Thx guys just wasn't to familiar with their lineup of various rounds and what they were all about.
    Kahr CW9 (SS guide rod & CTC laser)
    FN Herstal Hi-Power DAc 9mm
    Bersa 380

Stag Arms AR-15
    Mossberg 590

They all look pretty good to me. I agree with Jocko. Reliability has to be the #1 consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Allblackedout View Post
    Here are the test results of different manufactures self-defense round. I will let you be the judge and decide what you carry in your gun as a self defense round, as for me I carry Federal HST124 grain JHP.
    I might have missed this information in the thread, but out of what pistol were these rounds fired? Was it a PM9?

Honestly any of the big manufacturers sd rounds should do the job (if you do your's) like Jocko said, First And Foremost It Needs To Work In YOUR Gun.

It's also worthwhile to have a second (and/or) third choice that works in case your "favorite" isn't available. I also like to choose one that I can (almost) always find locally, cause sometimes it just isn't feasible (or don't want) to wait for mail order (even if it saves some pennies)

I know Kahr has approved their guns for +P ammo, but is +P+ too much? I'm assuming that means its even more pressure than just +P.