Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Quick Case Lube Method

Default Quick Case Lube Method

Everytime a new process comes up in the mega-thread I think of something to add.
    When Mr.B mentioned lubing the sizing die in post#83 or so, I thought I'd start another thread about case lube.

I know, I know, you don't have to lube for a carbide die, but I do, it takes seconds, and loading becomes so much smoother/easier.
    First, using Nu-Finish liquid car wax added to the tumbling media reduces the effort needed to re-size.

The quick lube method:
    You'll need a plastic jar and lid (mayonnaise jar works for me).
    Take a 30 cal patch (2" square of cotton) and BARELY moisten it with oil, any oil.
    Put the moistened patch in the jar, along with 50+/- as fired, tumbled cases.
    Put on the lid and roll the jar around with your hand for a minute...done.
    Cases are lubed, outside only, not inside or primer pockets,
    The lube is so light you may not even feel it, but it's there.

Try it and let me know how it works for you.
    just sayin'
    Tilos

Tilos, I do that same exact thing right down to the 3" patch. I use one of the plastic coffee cans and do 50 or 100 at time. I still can't believe it works but your exactly correct. I use the lube that you put on the pad when I use to roll rifle cases. Now I shake those too. Heard the One Shot works well too but never tried it and can't imagine it's any better than the can trick.
    They all come out lubed perfectly and the wife thinks I'm practicing for a Mariachi band or something.

I mentioned I lube my seater die at Jeeps suggestion. I clean my sizing die but dont lube it.

Another one of those things that we don't think about.

You rock for thinking of telling the world.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."