Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any chance adjustable L.O.P. stock model?

Default Any chance adjustable L.O.P. stock model?

I have wanted to buy a M1 Carbine for my wife and son to learn to shoot with but none of the stocks for a Carbine will fit someone of small stature.

Does anyone know and has anyone ever thought about an adjustable L.O.P. synthetic stock for the M1 Carbine? Something similar to the synthetic, folding stock model except you redo the mold so that the stock has a synthetic tube that you could fit an adjustable buttstock from an AR.

What does everyone else think about this??

I tried to help you on this but am not having any luck. There were two companies that I can think of making adjustable stocks for M1 Carbines in the 1980s and 90s. Advanced Tech had a wire stocked model that adjusted for length of pull. It was primarily wood save for the stock itself. There was also a small company making a nice looking polymer one with a metal wire collapsing stock. I met the gentleman that designed it at a gun show once and he demonstrated how securely it locked. It was before the ban, so I am sure that killed his business. I want to say he was based in Missouri, maybe in the Kansas City area. I remember his advertisements in SGN said something about "modernizing war baby". I cannot find anyone selling either stock online at this time, so both may have been discontinued.

Then there is the Hezi bullpup conversion. I always thought that looked quite interesting although I would not sacrifice a surplus M1 for the purpose.

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

You could buy a Synthetic Replacement Stock
    in Syn-Tech Black #18025 I remember reading the length of pull was 2" shorter. It costs $56.00 and you could do what you wanted to do
    to this stock without butchering the nice stock on the M1.

Note: I have never tried this stock on a gun. Still saving my pennies
    to buy my M1 carbine

You can see the stock at:

Ram-Line Stocks and Accessories

Thanks for the help. I guess in my minds eye I am thinking of something similar to the TAPCO stocks for Mini-14 and so on.

One stock will not help me because everyone is of a different size so it has to be adjustable.

Hi! We are Choate Machine & Tool. We are the OEM manufacturer for Kahr Arms M1 Carbine side folding stocks. We are making an adj LOP pistol grip stock for the M1 Carbine. It has an M4 telescoping stock attached to our modified pistol grip stock. We will have a forum section on this site in the near future.

Pics can be seen at CHOATE Machine & Tool, Inc. - Makers of the Ultimate Varmint, Sniper & Tactical Stocks

Just type in M1 Carbine into the search area or part # 08-01-06. Price is $145.00 + shipping.

Thanks,

Bryon Miller
    Sales Manager
    Choate Machine & Tool
    800-972-6390
    CHOATE Machine & Tool, Inc. - Makers of the Ultimate Varmint, Sniper & Tactical Stocks

Do you have some better pics? The ones on the website seem to be taken from a mile away.

I don't have a pic yet of the M1 Carbine with our new M4 telescoping stock. I will get a few pics in the next few days. Here are the Mini 14 and 10-22 in the same style stock.

Thanks....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks to me like dreams really do come true. I see lots of possiblilities with those stock. Well done Choate!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks!! We try our best!!!

It looks like just what I wanted.

Quick question, Is the pistol grip small enough for small hands? What I mean is "Is the distance between the trigger and the place on the pistol grip where the web of the thumb sits small enough that small hands can get a good grip on the pistol grip as a whole?

Thanks alot!!!