Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trigger: NYPD vs Elite

cgar cop. All kahr striker springs are the same in size and poundage, except the P380. they are all rated at 7.5# and above. the NYPD striker spring and the elite striker spring are identical.

Now wolffs makes a 5# drop in striker spring for all kahrs (except the P380) that just reduces trigger poundage not trigger travel.. Do you think the NYPD boys actually put in a heavier yet strker spring??? Not sure why that would even cause a gun issue.

Having just ordered a K9, my curiosity is aroused. Is it the case that all K9's currently ship woth either the Elite trigger or the NYPD trigger? The one I ordered has the NYPD trigger. I didn't specify that trigger, it is just what was available.
    Bill

If you hadn't just read this thread and didn't read of the difference you'd likely not even notice it. It's not that bad. Given the option one would generally prefer the Elite trigger but again it's not that bad.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If it is a close match to th PM9's trigger, I think that would be a plus.
    Bill

Default most all

Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    Having just ordered a K9, my curiosity is aroused. Is it the case that all K9's currently ship woth either the Elite trigger or the NYPD trigger? The one I ordered has the NYPD trigger. I didn't specify that trigger, it is just what was available.
    new k9's today come with the elite trigger, that was not so 6 months ago, most al lK9 came with the nypd trigger. Your box will note if you have the nypd trigger, as there is a prefix (and I know not what that is either) behind your k9 model. no prefix behind it then u have the elite trigger in it.

Either one IMO is OK , I have the nypd in my K9 and have a PM9 with the elite in it k and I can't honestly tell the diffrerence. Maybe a real good shooter might feel that 1`/8" less or more travel but that is the only difference. Certainly no less quality in your new K9.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Thanks for the reassurance. K9 should be tomorrow.
    Bill

u won't shoot a sweeter gun. break it in the same way, do the pre prep and u will be good to go. That is and has been kahrs bread and butter gun..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY