Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cleaning your brass

Lemon juice.....never thought of it, but it makes sense

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

Thanks for the link WGSNewman (WGSN?). I have glass beads about the same granularity as sand in my pool filter. I've been wondering about that for media and it would sure be easy to clean. If I were a big time user I'd give it a try, but using less than a quart of media in my Tubby means my 25lbs will last, and last, and last.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

While we are wondering about different media, rice is a good alternate tumbling media.
    Uncooked of course, and the brown rice is healthier for your brass

And another link to walnut, ships free:

http://www.drillspot.com/products/52...bs_blast_media

just sayin'
    Tilos

just FYI - 50# will last for years! im still using a bag of walnut i bought 5 years ago. most of the time i bag it up and split with friends.
    also - a little liquid brass polish in the corn cob polishes up to a beautiful finish also.

Quote Originally Posted by WGSNewnan View Post
    just FYI - 50# will last for years! im still using a bag of walnut i bought 5 years ago.
    Does it pick up the humidity in the garage? Do you seal your bag?
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Does it pick up the humidity in the garage? Do you seal your bag?
    no problems with the walnut. the corn cob will if left open. i typically buy gallon zip lock bags and store it in them. that way when when my broke a** friends come over to borrow some all i have to do is grab one.

Zip locks sound like a good idea. This way I can box them and set it on a shelf. I don't want a 25lb bag sitting on my garage floor for 5 years.

OldLincoln you got a great deal on your Lyman case cleaner...I would like to add a plug here for Lyman...I have a Lyman 1200 vibrating cleaner and it had about 20 hours use on it and the last time I tried to use it I noticed the media wasn't moving at all even though the motor and vibrating mechanism seemed to be working...After thinking about it I remembered running it on an old bath mat to keep the noise down and it probably caused the motor to overheat due to the fan being blocked and the motor was then to weak to power up the shaker bowl with a load of media...Well I called Lyman and they said to ship it to them and they would try and repair it...About 10 days later I got a box from them with a brand new machine in it, all at no cost to me...They even picked up the shipping....OldLincoln if you need any parts for your machine just call Lyman and they will take care of it....I have noticed that the reloading companies have great customer service...I have a Redding single stage press and I broke the primer bar arm trying to tighten it and they sent me the parts I needed at no charge....I also have a RCBS green plastic bullet puller hammer and I wasn't paying attention and hit it on the wrong side and broke the plastic cap that holds the shell holder and bullet in place, again after a call to RCBS asking if I could buy just the cap they said, no problem and in a few days I had a brand new complete puller tool...No charge...It's nice to know that some companies value your business and stand behind their products even when the problem was in no way the fault of the product...

Thanks for your post. I'll keep that in mind should my 'lil tubby quit on me. Also about the other things being handled in a refreshing manner.