Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Frontsite Dot?

Default Missing Frontsite Dot?

Hey guys, new to this forum and to a Kahr PM9. Just put my 500th flawless round through her tonight and did a thorough cleaning, only to realize afterward that the white dot on my front site is...gone. I don't know if it was an application or just paint? Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions for what to do about it? First thought is to just fill in with paint but I can't even put a bumper sticker on straight, and is there a certain type that will hold up better? Ideas anyone?

Clean it off well with rubbing alcohol, let it dry and use a good enamel paint. Apply with a toothpick. OR...PERFECT excuse to upgrade to night sights...

Default CT Installed

Thanks Seahawk, I do have a CT installed so I'm not without an aiming device, but I'm still in debate over how much I like the laser. Good for trigger work practice but don't want to loose the habit of looking for that front sight. I'd go for a night sight on the front if I thought I could install myself but don't like the thought of sending the slide in since this has just become my primary carry piece.
    Guess I'll make a trip to the hobby shop tomorrow for that enamel.
    BTW: is it "site" or "sight?"

Default sight

sight. Congrats on the PM9, glad to hear you've had such a good experience.

No big deal on the sight. If you have a wife, finger nail polish will work. The hobie shop should give you all kinds of options on paint though.

Found a bright flourescent yellow or white works really good.
    Diocoles
    DAV
    Life Member NRA
    VFW Member

No big deal, I believe it using my tools so don't get stressed about blemishes and such, but I've never had one come off so quickly or easily. Hate to think that every time I clean her, I'm gonna have to make painting a part of the routine. I wonder if that was just paint or some type of application, I never noticed.
    Anyone know how hard it is to replace the front with a night sight, or is the general wisdom to have an armorer do it?
    Maybe I'll just glue a little rhinestone on there....

Quote Originally Posted by JLeephoto View Post
    BTW: is it "site" or "sight?"
    Sight...as in "to see"...aka, eyesight...gun SIGHTS...

Site = place. Site of the crash, website, etc...

Hi JLeephoto, My CW40 did the same thing and what I did was use a small drill bit the size of the dot and turned it by hand to clean out the hole a little deeper then after a spray with electronic cleaner I let it dry then bought some white appliance epoxy enamel (super hard stuff after dry) from Lowes and used a tooth pick to drip a small amount into the hole with the slide off and stood it muzzle end down and let it dry overnight...Works great...I now have night sights but while the paint was in there it never wiped away again after cleaning...

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Hi JLeephoto, My CW40 did the same thing and what I did was use a small drill bit the size of the dot and turned it by hand to clean out the hole a little deeper then after a spray with electronic cleaner I let it dry then bought some white appliance epoxy enamel (super hard stuff after dry) from Lowes and used a tooth pick to drip a small amount into the hole with the slide off and stood it muzzle end down and let it dry overnight...Works great...I now have night sights but while the paint was in there it never wiped away again after cleaning...

this (if you don't choose to upgrade to the tritium sights)