Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Frontsite Dot?

Thanks Getsome, that's just the type of creative solution I was looking for.

My pleasure sir...Good luck and congrats on your fine shootin PM9...

you can get a very small bottle of the appliance touch up paint at most hardware stores... not much bigger than the Testor's Model paint bottles... which also work pretty well

surv

Question... did you spray your slide with brake cleaner? I read somewhere that it will remove painted sights.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I sprayed the inside of the slide with Gun Scrubber, which I understand is similar to brake cleaner. I had the all the parts laying on a rag that may have gotten saturated with it but I didn't intentionally saturate any of the plastic parts, but obviously I wasn't careful about it either. Then I lubed, and wiped everything down with Breakfree. I didn't notice it was gone until I reassembled and started dry fire practice. The dot was removed so completely that I thought it must be some kind of insert that had fallen off? But, maybe it's just painted on. Just repainted with Tester enamel model enamel since I had that handy. But, may try to pick up some type of white epoxy if it continues to be a problem.
    I love the size, weight, & fit of these little Kahrs, BUT (putting my flame retardant suit on,) I'm a bit frustrated with the little quirks that exist considering the price of these gems. Nothing major, but quirks like having to use the slide stop to chamber the first round, magazines that protrude slightly and/or fail to drop free, and sight paint that simply wipes off with cleaner, are issues I've never had with other high quality pistols. I AM willing to put up with these minor imperfections for the sheer carry ability of these pistols, BUT if Glock made one with the same specs, I'd be the first in line for a trade. Anyway, that's my little rant. We're all entitled to one right?

good question to ask kahr. IS THE DOT PAINTED OR IS IT A TRUE DOT INSERTED. If it is painted, I wouldnot want gun scrubber, hoppes, or brake cleaner near that painted dot. I wold bet though it you repainted that dot as u did and then clear sealed it with epoxy that no cleaner willthen bother it. I try to keep any cleaners away from my sights, doesnt matter to me what cleaner either, for once you ruin a good sight, it is then alittle to late to say, oops don't put gunscrubber on sights etc. Wipe thare area off with a silicone cloth or something lightly oiled..

Quote Originally Posted by JLeephoto View Post
    I love the size, weight, & fit of these little Kahrs, BUT (putting my flame retardant suit on,) I'm a bit frustrated with the little quirks that exist considering the price of these gems. Nothing major, but quirks like having to use the slide stop to chamber the first round, magazines that protrude slightly and/or fail to drop free, and sight paint that simply wipes off with cleaner, are issues I've never had with other high quality pistols.
    I don't have to use the slide stop with my PM9. In fact, I prefer not to use it because I feel it places extra wear on the slide and stop. I do really have to "grip it and rip it" to chamber hollowpoints, but it works.

I have six 6rd magazines and the 7rd mag. Everyone drops free.

Never had a problem with the front sight dot, but I use nothing harsher than CLP and Militec grease to clean/lube. Gun scrubber/Powder Blast is for the AKs with corrosive ammo.