Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desert Eagle 1911s!

Quote Originally Posted by 500KV View Post
    A couple of videos to further whet the 1911 DE appetite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7owI5xt6Xw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEq_OwhG9OE

And Hickock45's non scientific caliber "knockdown" study.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MPSD...eature=related
    My appetite surely don't need whetted, thats for sure. Your not helping with my addiction one ioata neither. I do thank you for the video's, it does make me wet weather I like it or not.

Hope Santa is an FFL!
    You've been neglectful of us in recent months also 500, we do miss you when your not about. Just thought you'd like to know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Dang I like that Hickok, he can sure shoot and what an awesome range he has. I'd surely like to be his neighbor, on the opposite direction that he shoots of course.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    You've been neglectful of us in recent months also 500, we do miss you when your not about. Just thought you'd like to know.
    Thanks for the kind words Bawanna.
    I had to be out of the good old US for awhile.
    Dirty, stinkin' place..camels, outdoor privies (or sand holes), most spoke broken French and I spoke broken Southern so limited communication with the locals.

Anyway, Hickock is an interesting fella isn't he?
    Think he joined the forum didn't he? Saw a PM9 video I think. I know it was a Kahr.
    Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

Anybody the proud owner of one of these DE 1911's yet?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I was able to freeze-frame and see that the front sights are dovetailed, too... always a nice feature for upgrades.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Desert Eagle 1911 are some of the best quality 1911 you can get for the price. My only issue is that I prefer a more subdued markings. It's not a deal breaker for me but I would like to see subsequent models to have smaller font. I think if they are able to do that the model will become much more popular. I know it's the complaint I hear from other 1911 owners.

larryf1952 Guest

Hello everyone, I'm new to Kahr Talk, and this is my first post. Since some of you have been discussing the DE1911 recently, I thought that I'd chip in and say that I bought my 1911G in November, 2010.

I already owned several other 1911's, including those from Springfield, Kimber and S&W, and the DE compares very favorably with those, IMHO. For a $600+ street price 1911, the build quality is superb, and the gun functions flawlessly out of the box. I chose it over the Remington R1 and several of the Filipino versions due to its included features and quality of build. Accuracy is excellent, and the trigger, as has already been mentioned is vastly superior to anything else that I've seen for an "entry" level 1911.

My only minor complaint would be that the black sights are hard to pick up on indoor ranges, and I'd prefer a 3 dot arrangement. Also, the rollmark on the left side of the slide needs to be toned down, but this is really a non-issue for me.

This is a great 1911 for the price, and it far outshines any of the other offerings that I inspected before making my decision to purchase. Everyone that I've talked to who has also bought one has given it nothing but high marks.

I know this is an old thread, but I've had mine for a few months and am in 100% agreement with larryf1952 on the DE 1911, couldn't be happier. I've already changed my sights to three dot TruDot.
    Joe
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide