CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desert Eagle 1911s!

Thumbs up Desert Eagle 1911s!

My love of the 1911 has been stated on many occasions, but I had to comment again on how beautiful those Desert Eagle 1911s look! See for yourselves:

G-Series

There is also a "C" series listed but no pics there yet. I have to get my hands on one of these DE 1911s. Expect gratuitous picture posting when I do!

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Gee, do you suppose that's a "G" as in Government and "C" as in Commander models? I like mine (Dad's Gun) very much but not at the level of the true disciples in that "If it were supposed to have that, John Browning would have included it!"

Of course I'll keep mine for several reasons, but don't understand why the 1911 design is considered so special by so many. I actually would prefer a full sized hammerless 45 that fits my hand better. Some day, Lotto willing, I'll get one.

I do have to say it shoots better than any other handgun I've handled. Better in that the bullets go where I want them to go. But I have only handled a few.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I appreciate the GI style 1911s as well, but find that when I shoot a bunch I want the various upgrades that are offered by many companies. Last time I got a GI style gun, I kept thinking "if only the beavertail was longer; if only it had better sights; if only the safety was larger....".
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Thats the great thing about 1911s.there are so many ad ons,you get the feel and look you want.

I want one too. Full size just like the picture. I added it to my wish list but I fear I didn't make the cut off, even though I've been relatively good this year, sorta.

Define good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Those DE 1911's have a hell of a trigger out of the box. I have yet to do more than fondle one, but from what I've seen, if DE loses the full length guide rod, then I would be all over those. Sweet trigger right out.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I'd like to find 1 so I could fondle it. I'd like to have a full size 1911. Been looking around, not in a big hurry though.

I have been after a full size too. I have a couple, but they are more specialized guns in terms of features. Just a nice, easy to shoot gun with a basic set of upgrades. That DE looks just right. Of course I love a Commander too. Those are my go-to guns for CCW. They are just short enough to be easier to carry, while still being long enough to perform well.

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

A couple of videos to further whet the 1911 DE appetite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7owI5xt6Xw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEq_OwhG9OE

And Hickock45's non scientific caliber "knockdown" study.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MPSD...eature=related
    Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

The swinging plate study was very good and makes me want to reconsider my 9mm. As I see it, from low impact to high, it's 9mm; 40; 45; 10mm. I would like to see the 9mm with 147gn +P as that's what I carry, but I doubt it comes close to the 45 230gn.

Anybody want to trade a PM9 for a PM45??
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."