Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoaaaaaa! This is new....

Default Whoaaaaaa! This is new....

Well..., We need to check out this Magnum Research stuff. Anyone ever shoot a DE50? How about one of the big bore revolvers?

I agree. This is pretty exciting with the kahr acquisition. I still remember my first ever experience with Desert Eagle, I believe it was an NRA show in Seattle. I was looking over the then brand new 357, 44 hadn't been released yet.
    The rep was just a great guy and he broke that gun down completely to show me what it looked like inside. I was very much impressed with his efforts as well as the quality of the insides of that gun.
    What a marketing victory to release that huge 357 and then release a 44, followed by a kit to convert the 357. Some smart marketers there for sure. Shes a big ole gun, thats for sure.
    Almost too large for ankle carry but I'd like to give a 50AE a try, I surely would.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've shot the DE in 44mag. Wasn't really my cup of tea...the slide felt so long I thought it was gonna hit me in the face with every shot. Still kind of an interesting gun, and the Matrix would be completely different without them.....Snatch as well.

Soft shooting for a 44 though, am I right? I thought it felt more like a really hot 45. That is kind of cool, given the cartridge. It was also accurate. If I were hunting with a 44, that would be my choice. I am an auto-loader guy at heart...

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    Soft shooting for a 44 though, am I right? I thought it felt more like a really hot 45. That is kind of cool, given the cartridge. It was also accurate. If I were hunting with a 44, that would be my choice. I am an auto-loader guy at heart...

John

i sold my ruger blackhawk 44mag because it hurt my hands after 12 rounds. used the money for my DE44, which is so soft i try to only bring 50rds so i won't go broke shooting it!

I also sold my Ruger Blackhawk 44. It was an old 3 screw. I have been kicking myself ever since. I really liked that gun. I did not have issues with recoil in that gun. Now a Ruger Redhawk was a different story, sold that one right away. I hated it. I have shot one of MRI's big bore revolvers. It was in 45/70. Like the Ruger Blackhawk, I loved it. I guess those single action revolvers fit my hand well. The DE's are new to me and I really do not have much experience with them other then handling them. They are HUGE!

funny i found the redhawk much more comfortable lol, but DE is huge.
    i should go weight it... i think its 4lbs unloaded.

I have 3 Blackhawks, rarely shoot them anymore but wouldn't part with them for the world, lot of history with them in my old hunting days. Wish I had a 3 screw. I feel your pain on that one.
    I was never partial to the Redhawk, just not my style I guess.
    I have an Uberti 45 Colt with the Birdshead handle, that one really does it for me, just love the look and feel. I just melt for color case hardening too. Love that look.
    Saw a 1911 that was completely case hardened at a gun show, in the imortal words of Dietrich, it made my britches stick out in front.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

After watching the Hickock45 Knock-Down power? video, I can see why the 44mag is good but seems like it would be heavy to carry. The 10mm did very well. I was very disappointed in the 9mm.

Since just comparing guns I can never own, how does the STI 2011 compare with the DE?
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Yep! got to try a 50DE at indoor range, it was a loaner, not mine. Very accurate, which was a very big surprise to me. To big for CCW,
    Really would like to do some work with a 1911 10mm.