Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: K9 Magazine catch broke

Default K9 Magazine catch broke

Just about right in half. I ordered a new one. Does anyone know how these go together, catch, spring, and pin? It looks like a better set up than the polymer system......except for the breaking part.

u should be able to really see the innards of the K9 with the grips off. that little screw on the right side of the grip inside the mag release button comes ouot and then the whole systme willjust slide out, about like the 1911's and others. Pretty simple.

that is a really stragne happening being it is steel but I guess anything can break now adays..

Thank you. The pin, which has a screw head I guess, went flying and we didn't find it. The spring hit my friend and we found it. It IS pretty straightforward, and not too bad pricewise, $20 including shipping, glad we found the spring it is $6. I would grind on Kahr for free stuff but it is more than three years old and I am the second owner. I got a pic, it is washed out but you get the idea. The gun ran perfectly until this problem, I like it a lot.

I order the parts on Sunday the first and got them thursday the 5th. They included the catch, spring, and pin, and did not charge me, although I am the second owner and the gun is 4 years old. Easy to install. Great customer service!