Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

ditto, none better
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill

The Bill of Rights is such, a list of the PEOPLE's rights. The Second Amendment is about self-defense and is not granted by the government. It prohibits the government from denying the people's right to keep and bear arms for their own defense, as well as being able to form a group of citizens for common defense -- a militia. The liberals always bring up hunting and having hunted with their dad or not having a problem with a hunting rifle or shotgun, as long as they are single-shot. It was never about hunting -- it's for self-protection from all threats and enemies, which especially includes a tyrannical government. The right is not limited by the constitution to any particular weapon, but when written, a citizen could have the-state-of-the-art weaponry. It just happens that state-of-the-art has advanced, as has our means of transportation.
    If we don't have the means to defend ourselves, our family and friends, and our property, then we are truly "sheeple" to be plundered by anyone who wants to shear us, butcher us, or do anything else imaginable done to sheep.
    Congress hasn't strayed from the limited Constitutional powers granted by the people who wrote it, they are in full gallop away from it and snatching up any and all of our "freedoms" they can. States' rights has long been a joke with the Imperial Federal Government extorting states to give in to their demands by threatening to withhold the funds collected from and for the state's use.
    Gee, I don't know where I'm going with this -- preaching to the choir, I know!
    It's frustrating to watch as our way of life is "fundamentally changed." The people who caused the problems are going to "fix" them... yeah, without reading the damn bills they pass -- too much trouble... got to get home for the holidays... so what if someone "pencils in" changes to the bill before or after prezbo signs it. No one bothered to read it, so how would they know if it had been altered. Just get it done quickly because people are waking up and realizing that our current president IS some kind of "Manchurian Candidate". Never has so little been known about a candidate or any information so tightly controlled about a candidate's educational history and background, or so enabled by the liberal press... well, maybe John Kerry's military records... which would have been interesting since he was still attached to the US Navy when he went over to France and aided our enemies during wartime.
    Anybody who grew up with the Iron Curtain and the Cold War, saw some of the misery under those benevolent Communist dictators who were the only ones who had plenty... they being the (self-chosen) elite who decided what each person's share was, or more often wasn't.
    Freedom and capitalism made us the greatest nation ever and the powers that be are doing their damnedest to destroy both concepts... and certainly alter the hell out of the first.
    Well, I get sidetracked easily and am not an orator or writer, but I'm so fed up with all the people and their ever-increasing "rights" to stuff that other people have earned. And the government buying their votes by promising them more stuff... that they take from the people who earned it and hoped to get ahead and retire, not have to keep working to pay for all of the stuff promised by the whole lot of politicians only interested in getting re-elected and feathering their own nests. Sigh. I had better shut up. What were "we" talking about, anyhow?
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thanks wyntrout, I take solace in knowing there are plenty others out there that are as frustrated as I. Your reference to the Manchurian Candidate is right on! When you look into the radical people who have been programming him since childhood, you’ll shake your head in disgust. The sheeple elected him and want nothing more than the government to be the solver of all or problems, from cradle to grave. Too many Americans have been conditioned by the self-serving unprincipled politicians and lying media. My children have not been conditioned or lulled into a false sense of government security; their eyes are wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by zena View Post
    I think the average person (ahem!) was to be armed to fight for the Republic or against it if it oversteps its bounds. And I believe our nation's founders wanted to insure our ability to do this into perpetuity.
    Zena,

Well said and you summed it up quite nicely.
    - Kahr PM9
    - M&P 9 FS, 9c, Shield
    - Dan Wesson 1911 Commander Bobtail .45
    - S&W .38
    To name a few

Thanks, I thought that no one would make any more posts after my little rant. I wish that I could start over getting a house. I would build something to withstand the hurricanes down here, tornadoes, AND light assaults! If the SHTF, there will be a lot of have-nots and welfare types that will be looking to share your stuff. I sure would like to have a defensible home... maybe if I win the lottery! Ha! Ha.
    Wynn

PS: Do you like my attempt at scholarship and sophistication with my "signature" -- "When catapults are outlawed...."?
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

April 19th 1775..A day when citizen marksmen met history and LIBERTY was born... God Bless America!!!! Thank you for serving your Country to all Veterans current and past....You are the reason we are safe, strong and have RIGHTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    If the SHTF, there will be a lot of have-nots and welfare types that will be looking to share your stuff. Wynn

PS: Do you like my attempt at scholarship and sophistication with my "signature" -- "When catapults are outlawed...."?

When the SHTF a few of my neighbors will be sharing their stuff; well stocked with food but no guns. I guess they can always throw a few cans of beans at the BG's.

My curiosity had me looking up your quote a few post ago, but then you knew people would...clever

Smile

Thanks, I was trying to think of something different... and classy(?) Latin wasn't one of the seven or so languages I've studied, but you see it all the time and can understand a bit of it. For a "dead language" it still gets a lot of use.
    As for the "sharing", a lot of people don't get robbed at home because there is the very possible chance of finding an armed homeowner. One of the last photos I saw about that subject, had a sign in a guy's yard pointing to his neighbor's house. I just ran down the email with the picture and resized it. I can see selling signs that read "This house protected by GUNS. Try next door" ... or something like that.
    rob_him_small.JPGrob_him_sign.JPG

Wynn
    Last edited by wyntrout; 12-20-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich View Post
    Many of the anti-gun rants have stated that the second amendment was included in the Bill of Rights for the sole intention of creating a militia to defend our young nation.Not for the right of the individual to own firearms.Thankfully,the Supreme Court handed down their landmark ruling to the contrary.My own personal views are that the RKBA amendment does both. I think it insures the right of the individual and makes a provision for a standing armed militia. I believe also that the framers meant that the armed citizen was to fight alongside of the army to defend the Republic.Do you agree or disagree? This forum is for the exchange of ideas and I welcome yours.
    In part they are correct. NOW what they miss is that it doesn't say that anyone has to be a part of any such militia in order to keep and bear arms, and in fact the individual people have to be allowed to be armed as they see fit in order for there to be a possibility of having an armed militia. The founding fathers did not originally intend for there to be a standing army. Anti gunners assume that the army can handle the job and the militia isn't needed any more and they seeming don't care if you have the ability to defend yourself or not. Funny how some of them have armed guards to defend them and their family...

Deer hunting after Obama Gun Reform:
    Attachment 172
    Last edited by wyntrout; 03-30-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Thomas Jefferson said

and