Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daysiters for a CW9

Default Daysiters for a CW9

Can anyone share their experience with this product? I'm interested in a set for my CW9, but they come in 2 sizes 1/16" and 1/8" and in different colors. I was planning on purchasing the 1/16" in RED. Their web site is Nitesiters Night Sights for Handguns !!!Better than Tritium!!! I have no real use for the night version, but the daysiters intrests me. Just unsure what size too get.

whardi Guest

I purchased for my Ruger LCP to place on the front sight. It looks a lot better than me trying to paint a dot on it. I would suggest going for the smaller size. The nitesiters are only good if in the light first. If you store in a dark place and then try to use it will not glow. Either one will work fine in the daylight. I have both and got the green. For the money I feel it is a good deal. Good luck.

Default ur right on

Quote Originally Posted by whardi View Post
    I purchased for my Ruger LCP to place on the front sight. It looks a lot better than me trying to paint a dot on it. I would suggest going for the smaller size. The nitesiters are only good if in the light first. If you store in a dark place and then try to use it will not glow. Either one will work fine in the daylight. I have both and got the green. For the money I feel it is a good deal. Good luck.
    with ur entire statement. Ihave them on my lcp and I like them, beats nail polish and if u get the small size and isntallthem, then also put a smalldab of crazy glue over the sights and theyw illstay on a very very long time.

agree they are not much for true night sightes IMO but they look good on my lcp and I do pick up that front sight quicker with that white dot on the front. When I bought mine they offered any color you wanted AS LONG AS IT WAS WHITE.

Thanks for the replies, I ordered the daysiters in small 1/16" and in red color.
    I'll see how they fit on the CW9 as far as covering the front white dot. If I have to I will paint the front and rear sights black so the white is not showing, and then install the daysiters. I think it's going to make a big difference.

Got the daysiters installed on the CW9, it is much better than the stock white dots. First I initally placed the red daysiters dots on top of the white dots, but I just didn't look right as a small amount of white was showing around the edges. So I removed the dots and painted the original front and rear sights all black and then installed the daysighters...WOW It makes a big difference. Going to the range tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    I removed the dots and painted the original front and rear sights all black and then installed the daysighters...
    What type of paint did you use?

I used high temp spray paint from walmart. Actually it is black barbecue paint, very fast drying and very durable and matches the stock black color perfectly. I used a good quality masking tape and carefully taped the gun and painted the sights. Dries to the touch in 5-10 minutes, use a blow dryer after that on hot for 1 minute and you are ready to go. The whole process from start to finish took 15 minutes. Took it to the range today and the difference is amazing. I am a much better shot now and I need all the help I can get...

hilrbyrd Guest

I'm courious about how you did the rear sight? I have a CW40 which has the bar(rear)-dot(front) sights. I was just wondering when you used the term "dots" what type of sights your CW9 had? I too am looking for a way to brighten up my gun sights.

Being an old blind guy, these look promising. Thanks for the link Underdog!

Quote Originally Posted by hilrbyrd View Post
    I'm courious about how you did the rear sight? I have a CW40 which has the bar(rear)-dot(front) sights. I was just wondering when you used the term "dots" what type of sights your CW9 had? I too am looking for a way to brighten up my gun sights.
    After painting the sights I placed one dot one the front sight and one dot on the rear sight where the bar was. I never liked the bar from the get go, so the dot is much more easier for me to shoot with.