CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW45 question

Default CW45 question

Took my newly acquired CW45 to the range and fired about 100 rounds. (Winchester white box) Three times I would press the trigger and nothing happened. Tapped, racked and pressed again and it fired. Whats up with this? Not a warm fuzzy comforting feeling, if this is my defensive handgun. Also when pulling the trigger you can feel the bottom of the magazine move. Has not dropped as I have read that some do. Thanks for your input.

Default Re: CW45 Question

alanwk,

Make sure the trigger bar is not interfering with the magazine. If the bar is bent it will rub.

Is there a slight over travel in the trigger when sear releases? (~1/10")

Can you feel the sear release cleanly every time while dry firing?

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim K View Post
    alanwk,

Make sure the trigger bar is not interfering with the magazine. If the bar is bent it will rub.

Is there a slight over travel in the trigger when sear releases? (~1/10")

Can you feel the sear release cleanly every time while dry firing?

Good luck.
    How would I know if the trigger bar is interfering or not?
    Sorry but i don't know that much about smithing.

Default Trigger Bar

alanwk,

Check out item 13 of the parts list for the CW45 on the following link:

KAHR ARMS ONLINE SHOP

Take the pistol and lock the slide back. Insert an empty magazine. Actuate the trigger and look down the magazine well from the top. You should be able to see the trigger bar moving on the upper R/H side of the magazine well as you actuate the trigger.

The trigger bar should not interfere with the magazine to the point that it makes the magazine move when you actuate the trigger.

Hope this helps. Jim K
    Last edited by Jim K; 11-04-2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: edit link

Default make

Quote Originally Posted by alanwk View Post
    Took my newly acquired CW45 to the range and fired about 100 rounds. (Winchester white box) Three times I would press the trigger and nothing happened. Tapped, racked and pressed again and it fired. Whats up with this? Not a warm fuzzy comforting feeling, if this is my defensive handgun. Also when pulling the trigger you can feel the bottom of the magazine move. Has not dropped as I have read that some do. Thanks for your input.
    sure ur allowing the trigger to reset. You have to let up on the trigger and sometimes one thinks he is letting up and indeed is not. The trigger not doing anything tends to leave me thinking that could be happening.

I would give it some more rounds down range . None of my kahrs magazines move when pressing the trigger. The only thing that could come into contact witht hat magazine when the trigger is being pulled is the trigger bar as Jim stated. take the slide off, insert a loaded magazine, look down inside and pull the trigger,us should be albe to diagnose that alot easier. Not sure even if that is happening that it should cause what your trigger is doing.

You might need to have the trigger bar replaced to.

If that is the case and u just bought it, call kahr and tell them what is happening andif they say send it back, say fine, now issue me a pickup on this new gun, which they will do if u ask..

give it some more rounds, test some of the above theories out before panicking and calling Kahr. that should be ur last resort..

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    sure ur allowing the trigger to reset. You have to let up on the trigger and sometimes one thinks he is letting up and indeed is not. The trigger not doing anything tends to leave me thinking that could be happening.

I would give it some more rounds down range . None of my kahrs magazines move when pressing the trigger. The only thing that could come into contact witht hat magazine when the trigger is being pulled is the trigger bar as Jim stated. take the slide off, insert a loaded magazine, look down inside and pull the trigger,us should be albe to diagnose that alot easier. Not sure even if that is happening that it should cause what your trigger is doing.

You might need to have the trigger bar replaced to.

If that is the case and u just bought it, call kahr and tell them what is happening andif they say send it back, say fine, now issue me a pickup on this new gun, which they will do if u ask..

give it some more rounds, test some of the above theories out before panicking and calling Kahr. that should be ur last resort..
    Bought it used so sending to Kahr is prob out of the question. Thanks
    When I get home tonight I will check it out.

ALANWK; PM sent..

My son had the same exact problem with a CW9, the trigger would not reset. When it happened if you took your finger and pushed the trigger forward, you would feel a click. Then it would fire and be ok for a few rounds, then it would do it again and again. The gun would actually fire with the mag removed, it's not right. Called Kahr and they were aware of the problem (trigger fails to reset), they fixed it. It is a dangerous situation that needs to be addressed.

Default they

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    My son had the same exact problem with a CW9, the trigger would not reset. When it happened if you took your finger and pushed the trigger forward, you would feel a click. Then it would fire and be ok for a few rounds, then it would do it again and again. The gun would actually fire with the mag removed, it's not right. Called Kahr and they were aware of the problem (trigger fails to reset), they fixed it. It is a dangerous situation that needs to be addressed.
    certainly changed the trigger bar for the fix to. It had to be out of spec. IMO it should not touch the magazine at all, whether it works OK or not.

Strange. I have over 250 rounds thru my CW45 with not a hiccup.