Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 178 of 183 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1823

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

I agree with WOW

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I am betting that those bushings were installed with RED LOCTITE. Try heating next set like that.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I hope there is a next time. I thought of the heat but didn't follow thru. I think on closer examination, your right in that it was some sort of thread locker. There were strands visible. I'm ordering some of the Challis bushing tools Dao recommended. Watching the video it seems like a sure fire way to get them out. I'm not totally on board with the hex head bushings. They do make thin and ultra thin but one has to allow for that in the grip. They may work fine with any grip but I'm not certain. Besides if I get the bushing tools, then get the hex bushings, I'd never have a use for the tools again. Would fit right in with a lot of other stuff I got around here. Still might get the tools, half man can't have enough tools right?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I thought I'd be done with them after a couple of uses too Colonel. But now, later, after a dozen needs they've paid for themselves. Haven't stripped off the slots ever. Oh, and the hex head bushings come in slim and standard. Same with the bushing tools. And I have to correct you on something, ALL men can use all the tools they can put their hands on.

The finished grips are super luxurious! Ed Brown? Wilson? Yer a fancy dude for sure! Man I can't imagine what you might have that you haven't even told us about.

Ken has the Ed Brown, I have the Wilson that I got a super deal on or I'd never have one. It's very early Wilson and not one of those that start at 4000 bucks etc. Still you can feel the quality just holding it. Wish I could carry a govt size 1911 easier, I'd wear that one all the time. Commander length makes all the difference to a full time sitter like myself.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ah, gotchya! Yes, I'm sure any "grade" of Wilson would be great to have and hold, or so I've read many times. I know what you mean about the full size... If not for the thumb safety, and the size thing, I'd carry a long slide. Might as well go all the way and be super cool! 😁

Huh? You don't like a thumb safety?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Huh? You don't like a thumb safety?
    I love 1911’s, but do not carry one. Best dang guns ever at the range, for dressing up, etc. BUT.. I’ve been through an adrenaline dump, pull a gun on the bad guy scenario. As a result of that, I do not trust that in that situation I would be capable of switching off the safety. I only carry double actions for this reason alone. I want to be able to only have to do 3 things. Unholster, point, pull the trigger.

Do tell Bird, do tell. But only if you're comfortable about it.