Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 115 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1800

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

And that's just what I could catch on the bench. First time I kept putting it in a box. The rest is of course settled all over everything in my man cave. Stuff's a bit dusty but I think it adds character.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The wood is beautiful, so is the fit! You can be proud of this set. Thanks for sharing!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Been a long spell since I whittled any Kahr grips. Had a piece of Afzelialay ordered specifically for a K9 so had some time and went at it. Discovered a few tricks this time that really helped speed the fitting up and was much less frustrating. I did make a boo boo or two but the fit is generally excellent and they look pretty decent.

Little blonde spot on the right side which I like, wish there was more of that.

Nice matchup on the back side.

Not bad on the mag well, tons of places that need to match up, mess with one, you mess with them all.

Often neglected attention to the sawdust that must give it's life to produce a wrap around grip.

Gun sort of looks like heck with tiny bits of sawdust. It's brand new never fired so guess I best blow it off a little more to make it look better.
    WOW! That a nice looking K9! Beautiful grips Bawanna!!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Those are flat out gorgeous.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Hung some Osage Orange on my little Uberti 45 Colt. I see I have to spend a bunch more time fine tuning the finish. Found that polishing them shows all the little imperfections.
    Couldn't find an affordable or proper sized piece of stag so wanted to try something different. First time I'd removed one piece grips too. That top edge of the grip is bloody sharp and the fit was tight, cut my thumb to the bone pushing the factory grips off.
    It was much easier to fit than I had anticipated. Very time consuming of course but not tough.

Back to sanding I guess.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Those grips and that gun are a thing of beauty.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I put some new sights on my beloved CBob tonight. Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just tag it on here. I got a 10-8 U Notch rear sight in hopes that it would get along ok with my current front sight which is just a brass bead I made myself. I think I got lucky and everything measures like it should shoot where it looks. These are suppose to be the ticket to aid old eyes in picking up the sights better. A little more room on each side of the front post which is usually .124. Mine originally had a matching .124 rear notch. I opened it up to .140 last weekend to see if it improved and I thought it did. I was getting close to the night sight dots though.
    I wanted to go all black, hence I ordered the 10-8 and went even wider with a .156 notch. So far I like it a lot.

It's also compatible with an XS standard dot too which I may try at some point in the future. The big challenge was figuring out the dovetail cut which as it turns out is a Novak Lo Mount. Easy. The front is supposedly a Kimber cut, one guy at Dan Wesson said Springfield so maybe those are the same.

I'd forgotten how hard it is to take a picture of a sight picture. Did the best I could.

Took a bit of filing and sanding on the bottom of the sight to get the fit right but I think I got it near perfect. Good and snug and I didn't even beat it all up.

While I was playing I did the slide lock lever modification JG mentioned last week so I can push it straight in without making the very common but much hated idiot scratch on the frame. Weren't tough at all and I plan to do the rest when time presents itself.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I took on a new partner in the workshop, today was her first day. She's only 2 but tries real hard and she's cute too.
    Her job is to brush off the checkering sawdust every so often.
    Here's a pic of her in action. She's moving so fast you can't even see the tooth brush. We was checkering a little knife handle.

In between after she's cleaned everything else in the shop with the tooth brush she guards the work bench to keep spies and undesirables at bay.

Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

So cute!

Looks like she loves hanging out with Pappy....

She is a cutie and it sure looks like that Ranch Hand is spoken for
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>