Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 168 of 181 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1809

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

I didn't like it at first, wrote it off as junk, it was cheap. But when it's fitted to the grip and locked down it isn't too bad. I'm not really a magwell kind of guy, never have been but I'll give it a try.
    Was fixin to go shoot this thing several days this week but always got side tracked. Was gonna go wednesday but thank goodness I checked the website where I was gonna go and now they are closed on Wednesday???? Boy that would not make me happy if I'd drove the hour up there to find locked doors. Maybe late next week hopefully.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That woulda sucked! Man I thought you lived out in the boonies and could shoot out of your living room window?
    I do like how magwells kind of encase the bottom of grips in metal. Not really caring about their functions as I'm no competition shooter. That STI came with one stock on it and had me liking them since. It was my 1st that ever had one.

By the way, for standard grip bushings, I've found this tool lately to be AMAZING at removing bushings. It's tips are thin, so they fit right into the slots. The tips are also wide, so you get a full bite. Also, given the angle (perpindicular to the frame) it does not induce slip out. I wish I had known years ago. Would have saved many a bushing. I did (on dao's reccomendation) recently get some of the ones with a head on them and tool for removal, but now that I've discovered how good this works I am good from now on with standard bushings.
    20240329_152123.jpg

And there's some on Ebay:
    Screenshot_20240329_153741.jpg

I have some bushing tips for my Magna driver. One for thin and one for standard. The thin one works equally well for both. Fits down over the bushing so it can't slip off.
    I might get one of them 4 way jobs. That would be handy on some trigger guards with the screw inside impossible to get with a screwdriver. Never could figure why they ever did them that way but many did.
    I'm kind of in the boonies but still in kind of a neighborhood. Used to shoot once in awhile, still legal but so many houses around now with falling over left liberals living in them, if I shot much they complain and they'd probably make it NOT legal. About 2 blocks down the road it the boundary and can't shoot down there.
    I light one off now and then to test something or just feel a desperate need for a boom, but not often.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wish I had known about those tips at least. Sounds like they’d work just as well. I think you’ll like this offset deal, if you get one, in situations like you mentioned. I recently had to get an old screw out of my tub up under the spigot. No way it was coming out with anything other than this tool. Turn a quarter turn, run into the spigot, flip the tool so the head was coming in from a different angle, then get another quarter turn and repeat.
    Too bad about them liberals around you. They sure can ruin a good time. Only time I ever light something off is on the 4th or New Years, but do it in a fashion that’s like a pack of crackers going off. Way to dense around here and plenty that have displayed flags or signs that tell me we would not get along.

Guys I know it's a relatively expensive investment ($59.98), but if you make it you'll never have to worry about messing up your grip threads, or ruining a bushing again. If you go one step further and buy a few sets of their hex head bushings I promise you'll never regret the money spent, and you'll be hooked.

FWIW I always break my bushings loose with a tool, and then back them out by hand. And I screw them all the way in by hand before torqueing them down with a torque driver. That way you cannot cross thread a bushing (or a bolt).

I don't use loctite on my bushings because torqueing them to spec keeps them in place, and because I have hex head bushings on all of my 1911s I can use the same o-ring over and over again without tearing it up. The slotted bushings will tear them up after two or three uses. And as a self-admitted grip wh0re I can't afford to use a new set of o-rings every third or fourth grip change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GbBhBMM2T0

I did buy a set after you mentioned them. I just have not used them yet.

I use Loctite purple on occasion. It's for screws. Not bolts.

Harrison is my goto for 1911's, well worth the money.
    https://www.harrisoncustom.com/extra...-screw-bushing

He also sells bushings with hex heads. Less likely to screw up. Plus a 12.00 tool for them.
    https://www.harrisoncustom.com/cha-9980-hex-driver-732
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    I use Loctite purple on occasion. It's for screws. Not bolts.

Harrison is my goto for 1911's, well worth the money.
    https://www.harrisoncustom.com/extra...-screw-bushing

He also sells bushings with hex heads. Less likely to screw up. Plus a 12.00 tool for them.
    https://www.harrisoncustom.com/cha-9980-hex-driver-732
    Good info Ken. Having the right parts, and the right tools, sure can make a difference! The Challis stuff was what dao had reccomended too.
    Last edited by BirdsThaWord; 03-30-2024 at 11:29 AM.