Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 152 of 176 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1759

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Congrats brother! Looks like you got a good one, and you know how to use it. I'd call that lil MK a keeper for sure!

Thanks - found out its actually 13.5 yards to the steel - if anyone is ever in SW FL Fort Myers - it's a little hole in the wall range - all steel targets - called Shooter's LLC - Guns & Ammo in Fort Myers FL / awesome little place - say hi to Cody!

Sounds/looks like a pretty cool place to choot!

Once Cody know you can handle your firearm and not gonna shoot yourself you can pretty much do whatever you want? Usually mid-week - you have the place to yourself. We run dueling tree matches / start with 3 on your side on lanes 2 and 4 , your opponent has 3 on the right on 2 and 4 - who ever clears their side 1st - WINS!! Since I shot competitively, my handicap is 2 rounds in my mags, then I have to re-load - I let my buddies run full cap mags. I'll try and post a vid - it's hilarious!!!

It sounds like a machine gun firefight if we run with 25 round 22lr carbines or 33rd glock funs sticks in our AR'9 - let's just say we load up 10 - 12 magazines !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pk1313 View Post
    Once Cody know you can handle your firearm and not gonna shoot yourself you can pretty much do whatever you want? Usually mid-week - you have the place to yourself. We run dueling tree matches / start with 3 on your side on lanes 2 and 4 , your opponent has 3 on the right on 2 and 4 - who ever clears their side 1st - WINS!! Since I shot competitively, my handicap is 2 rounds in my mags, then I have to re-load - I let my buddies run full cap mags. I'll try and post a vid - it's hilarious!!!

It sounds like a machine gun firefight if we run with 25 round 22lr carbines or 33rd glock funs sticks in our AR'9 - let's just say we load up 10 - 12 magazines !!!!!
    Now that REALLY sounds like some fun! Wish it were a bit closer. I’ve got 1 place near me that allows double taps, rapid fire, etc. The others give you a hard time with anything but a slow cadence. Nuts, so I don’t go to those places anymore. I sure would like to shoot some steel trees though. That would be cool!

Posted this in the Magnum Research thread also.

It's not secret that I do love me a bobtailed 1911. I got the CBob already bobbed, then after some prayer and a little whiskey I bobbed my Remington R1. Since the day I got this Magnum Research 1911C I've wanted to bobtail it. Guess it took me a long time to build up my nerve and break out the hack saw but this weekend was the weekend.

I struggled a bit on this one, it's like I was left handed or something. The cut and hole went fine, but putting the gun back together kept going sideways. I lost the thumb safety spring and detents a couple times, looked for a long time with no luck. Had a spare I dug out and lost it first attempt. Grrrrrr. Then I stumbled on the first one I lost and while picking it up I found the spring for the spare. Life was good again. Like a dummy I was putting the spring in backwards, the smaller detent goes to the front duh......

Anyhow moments ago it all came together and not it's Scotch time for sure. I'm very happy with the results. The touch up bluing worked well and matched good. Feels good. Now I'm pondering the Wilson..........nah, I don't think I could do the Wilson, scratch that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Man I sure wish we lived closer to each other. I'm not entirely afraid of risk, but I don't have the courage that you do. Might be because I can no longer drink?

You did a great job on it, from someone who also prefers a bobtail 1911. What MSH did you use?

That's kind of a long sad story. I used an Ed Brown I believe on earlier ones, this time I tried to go cheap and bought one on Ebay for half the money, I think it's Sig. It's not quite as Bobbed but thankfully the pin is precisely in the right spot. The bad part is it didn't come with the spring and detent inside the housing, and the diameter is much larger and of course takes a shorter spring so it's basically worthless.
    I ordered another Ed Brown and it should be here soon. I took the one off my Remington to fit the frame (much nicer) so when the new one gets here I can put the Remington back together and all will be fine and dandy.

The guys at the PD could believe I'd take a hack saw to a perfectly good gun, takes awhile to build up the nerve and pray I don't screw up.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Not quite as bobbed is not all bad. Some models which only come without the sharp edge at the bottom of the grip are much better than those that have it. I guess the bad thing would come from fitting grips to a grip that is not exactly industry standard. But that would likely pose little challenge to you with your skills.

I apologize for backing out of our trade. It had nothing to do with the deal, which I think was fair. It just came down to me not being able to part with my half of it. I guess not knowing what you've got until it's gone woke me up early.

The thing with the less bobbed was it didn't reduce the frame enough to eliminate the original main spring housing pin hole. Just went down to the edge of it so there was most of a hole still exposed. I actually filled the gap with acraglas dyed black and it looked ok until I realized the Sig housing wasn't gonna work.
    The Brown takes away the whole hole which is lots better.
    I run bobbed grips on lots of unbobbed frames, just exposes the pin. No big deal.
    I had reservations on the trade also so no heartbreak on my end. If yours had been a 9, I'd need a beach towel to soak up the tears.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan