Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 166 of 181 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1801

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Planted a couple pins in some Sig Grips. Wafer thin and a little nerve racking but we got lucky.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    All good info Bird, no issues! Now get some sleep
    I did, very soon after typing that 😁
    This is what I had found when looking that stuff up. Looks to be the perfect size, but not quite hematiteScreenshot_20240322_074454.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Planted a couple pins in some Sig Grips. Wafer thin and a little nerve racking but we got lucky.
    You cease to amaze. Those look machine made. Nighthawk? BTW, I counted the rows between the lower grip screw and the bottom of the medallions... 5.5 each. Your measuring is sound! 😁

Nice.....that out to make some one happy!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Would these work Colonel?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Would these work Colonel?
    Look kind of big but it depends on what you want. For what I did they would be too big I think, but a guy could inlay they and do something around them .
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If the seller accepts my bid, once I get them I'll measure and let you know the exact dimensions. I'm thinking that on a standard thickness grip they might fix in the middle. But hopefully they're smaller than that.

Founds some others Colonel. Would .12" or .20" be better?

It depends on what you want to do. Either will work, the .20 would show up a bit better. If your putting several on the smaller might be in order. Depends on dark or light wood, if you want subtle or flashy.
    Really hard to say. Round is certainly easier to sink in the wood and an odd shape that size would be extremely difficult.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Actually I was thinking something right along the lines of what you did for your Bul. A darker wood would be preferable. Could you put three of the .20" on each side of a pair of standard thickness Compact grips without them looking too large for that size grip?
    What I'm thinking is that if you could provide the wood, checker it, and drill the holes for the stones but not attach them and ship the grips and stones back to me I could then stain the grips, lacquer them, and use epoxy to set the stones as the last step. How does that sound?
    I've ordered both sizes of the stones I posted, and we could start by me sending you the stones so that you could size and position them before drilling the holes? I've got 50 of the .20" stones, and 144 of the .12" stones coming. I'd be happy to also send you some for your own use as well.
    Also, I was thinking that if my guns are a bit out of spec that the grips coming to me unfinished I could fit them by sanding off any necessary wood from under the plunger, slide stop, thumb safety, and from above the magwells as needed. I will be using these on guns that are outfitted with magwells. Before staining and varnishing. And each has a different style of thumb safety.