Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 86 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Yes, fixed blade. I've become enamored with fixed over folders. I have some good folders but prefer fixed now.

I compare it to carrying a gun with an empty chamber. Plus I don't care to have stuff in or clipped to my pockets. I usually carried clipped inside my belt when I carried a folder.
    Do they make IWB knife sheaths or did you have to make your own?

Also, I can understand the comparison of a fixed blade and a gun carried with one in the chamber. Plus I understand that a fixed blade is normally much stronger than a folder.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Hey, I know that grip pattern and wood. I thought I had the only set?? Well, I don't mind sharing. Very nice grips.
    I'm sure yours are slightly different somehow. I try to avoid mass production and make each one special some how. Some people love that skip line checkering and others don't. I kind of like it myself.
    Many places that checker refuse to do skip line and I can't for the life of me figure out why.
    It's no more difficult than standard and as the name implies you skip a line from time to time and skipping a line saves time, not much but a little.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Do they make IWB knife sheaths or did you have to make your own?

Also, I can understand the comparison of a fixed blade and a gun carried with one in the chamber. Plus I understand that a fixed blade is normally much stronger than a folder.
    It comes with a decent kydex like sheath. It has a little piece bolted on with a belt loop attached to that. I took it off and use my stretchy bungy cord for a belt loop. I'll try to get a picture of that. It's nice if you get caught on something, the knife just flexes a bit rather than trying to rip off your belt.
    Might be able to reverse the belt loop so it's down instead of up and make it work for IWB.

It's a pretty good out of the box set up really. No straps, the knife clicks into the sheath and clicks out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It comes with a decent kydex like sheath. It has a little piece bolted on with a belt loop attached to that. I took it off and use my stretchy bungy cord for a belt loop. I'll try to get a picture of that. It's nice if you get caught on something, the knife just flexes a bit rather than trying to rip off your belt.
    Might be able to reverse the belt loop so it's down instead of up and make it work for IWB.

It's a pretty good out of the box set up really. No straps, the knife clicks into the sheath and clicks out.
    Interesting, I'll look forward to the pictures.

I didn't get a picture of the sheath that comes with the Growl but here's a picture of the sheath I made where I used the stretchy bungee cord belt loops.

It works really well. The sheath that comes with the growl already has the grommets so you just pick the holes that work best for your belt and lace it up.

A guy here at work has gotten me the stretchy bungee cord. I'm looking for a source. Don't use much but I like to have some around.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

A guy here at work has gotten me the stretchy bungee cord. I'm looking for a source. Don't use much but I like to have some around.
    http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...category_ID=59
    http://www.backwoodsdaydreamer.com/p...age/cord-line/

Some marine supply houses and stores like REI usually have it as well.

Regards,
    Greg

Oops, I see I'm late with my suggestions
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

A guy here pointed me to a semi local place Seattle Fabric that has all kinds of stuff, webbing, this bungee stuff, canvas, on and on with tons of remnants.
    He says bungee cord also called shock cord is not all created equal and this place has the good stuff.

It's close to the hub bub of the city but I know where it is and as long as I can get in and out before dark, I should be ok.

Same guy also says he has some so maybe don't need to go anytime soon.

I do like the set up, holds the sheath in close but has a little flexibility when you move or if you catch on something.

Some do similarly with mag pouches etc.

Thanks much for your help and links, you guys rock.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Nice work Bawanna
    Is that a 10x Unertl?
    Regards,
    Greg
    Sorry Greg, missed this post, it's a 12x Unertl.

Hurt nearly as bad as the rifle to purchase but I had to have it. Hunted a long time to find one.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

For you viewing pleasure, a set of 1911 full size, full thickness fresh off the bench.

This is Franquette which is a strain of Walnut I picked up a few months back. just enough for one set.

If they sing to anybody let me know, they are unspoken for. I may have to adjust for extended thumb safety, ambi safety and such.

Thought about a little bling along the smooth diagonal strip but sometimes I'm better off to leave well enough alone ya know.

Wife not included.....at least not today.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan