Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 120 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1665

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Aww shucks, I love the sniff. I sniff a lot of guns myself. Cept AR's, nothing to sniff there. Put a wood stock on an AR and one would really have something.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Definitely, no RED carpet, that's almost as bad as shag carpet!

I started playing on my Charger Mares Leg this afternoon. I decided to attempt to use the original buttplate, just modify it and refit it.
    Took a long time and still some fine tuning to do but it turned out ok so far. I doubt I would go this route again.

I cut the forend off as long as I could, remembering my carpenter days where we learned you can cut it shorter but you can't uncut it, course we didn't have all these wonderful expoxy's and glues like we do now days neither, so maybe we can put stuff back.
    Still pondering on that end.

Done for today, was kind of hot round here, the man cave stays pretty cool at least for awhile.

Time to hit the recliner.

Happy Fathers day to all you Fathers out there.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I like where the butt plate is headed
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Sort of a blank canvas and nobody to please but myself. I went back at it for a bit, ended up cutting off the pistol grip and making it English style.
    Cut out a hunk of the forend as I want something to remind my hand not to reach too far forward. It worked well on Wlfmans so I did kind of the same thing.
    Rounded off the end of the fore end but not sure where that's gonna end up just yet.

I know the finish Ruger puts on these things is TOUGH. It don't sand off easy. I originally intended to try not to mess with it, but messed with everything so much I'm gonna have to completely sand it all down and refinish. That's ok. No time frame.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Looks good so far! The only thing I have heard that would strip Rugeer's finish is acetone and even that is iffy. Good luck!
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Bawanna,

I like it, so far. I didn’t think there was a way to use the original butt plate, but you proved that thought wrong.

I love what you did to the forend of mine, and I’m really interested to see the English-Style stock on yours.

-Wlf

I'll get some more pictures first chance I get. Fella here at work thinks I ought to Remington it an put an ebony forend tip on it.
    Pondering that. I did forend cut out just like I did yours to remind my hand not to travel too far forward. The sling/bipod base will act as a last stop but I want a early warning system too. Too late in the game to shoot a hole through my weak hand although I don't do much with it, cept it's handy typing I guess or keyboarding I guess they call it these days.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Can't wait to see the finished product…..but take your time!

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Can't wait to see the finished product…..but take your time!
    Yes! Keep all those digits!
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle