Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 180 of 183 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1823

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

I've probably shot 92 and 96 series firearms more than all my other shooting combined. Never had an issue with any of their functions. Despite their design, they've always been very trustworthy and dependable and will shoot just about anything fed. All what you're used to, but in a defensive carry gun, I'd rather just be able to point and shoot. I do like a decocker for drawing down safely If you have a safety, but you don't remember whether it's on or off, kind of defeats the purpose.

We never had hardly any issues with the 92 and 96 Beretta's we had at the dept. I seldom had to replace a part or anything. Some agencies apparently did have some but we got along just fine and dandy.

Only time there was a big concern was when an officer cleaned his gun and took the grips off. He knocked the trigger bar spring out and didn't notice it. He went a couple weeks before a range day. He got 1 shot and then had a paperweight. I had found the spring in the training room but it was before I went to Beretta school and I didn't know what it was. I kept it at my desk cause it looked like it was important.

The instructor at Beretta class did a session for the State Patrol where they were doing shooting and drills and such. After the class they all cleaned their guns before leaving for home from all parts of the state. Like he said, there's always one guy that is meticulous and the last one to finish. That guy came up to him and had 17 trigger bar springs he found in the bottom of the solvent tank. He was there a long time trying to call all those troopers to tell them their gun was worthless until they came back and got them or replaced them. He was a good guy, stayed in touch with him for several years.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    We never had hardly any issues with the 92 and 96 Beretta's we had at the dept. I seldom had to replace a part or anything. Some agencies apparently did have some but we got along just fine and dandy.

Only time there was a big concern was when an officer cleaned his gun and took the grips off. He knocked the trigger bar spring out and didn't notice it. He went a couple weeks before a range day. He got 1 shot and then had a paperweight. I had found the spring in the training room but it was before I went to Beretta school and I didn't know what it was. I kept it at my desk cause it looked like it was important.

The instructor at Beretta class did a session for the State Patrol where they were doing shooting and drills and such. After the class they all cleaned their guns before leaving for home from all parts of the state. Like he said, there's always one guy that is meticulous and the last one to finish. That guy came up to him and had 17 trigger bar springs he found in the bottom of the solvent tank. He was there a long time trying to call all those troopers to tell them their gun was worthless until they came back and got them or replaced them. He was a good guy, stayed in touch with him for several years.
    The way that spring fits on the trigger bar, I'm not quite understanding how that could keep happening. I never had that issue with any of mine...................

I would love to have that and do it up Resident Evil style!

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    The way that spring fits on the trigger bar, I'm not quite understanding how that could keep happening. I never had that issue with any of mine...................
    I never had that issue either but the officers usually are in a hurry and hit the tank (which I seldom used unless extremely dirty) and use a brush with the solvent coming out of it, it's kind of stiff. All they have to do is hit the top of that spring and dislodge it and the spring flies out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

In my experience, some are mechanically inclined, some are mechanical “Bull’s in a China shop”. Thank tha lord we have both types or we would all still be in the stone age, or dying off in mass due to safety stuff not being built in by those in the know.
    I would be curious to see the results if a study was done on such things, with %’s noted about who did what and what those types of people had as a common denominator.
    In this case, I would be interested to see a “before” case study on any certain Police force, then one “after” on that same police force after application of diversity, inclusion, equity, equality of outcome, or any of the other changes that we are seeing entities such as law enforcement or corporations actually applying to their previously smooth running operations.

I got booted out of a lot of diversity classes. My worst subject was profiling. I was good at that, I'd be a great asset at airport screening.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I got booted out of a lot of diversity classes. My worst subject was profiling. I was good at that, I'd be a great asset at airport screening.
    I probably woulda been booted too! 😉

So here are the grips at their final home. The grip bushings have been in place close to 30 years. The bottom one's came right out, top one's required pliers. A little frustration getting those out.
    So when I went to install the Colonel's new grips, the one on the safe side, was a little resistant. I just "snapped" it in place. Apparently my thumb safety is about .100-.125 longer than the one on the Colonel's Wilson.
    A small piece at the plunger "snapped" off. Completely my fault. Should have took more time. Anyway, I took a sharpie and colored in the piece that broke off. No one except us chickens will ever know.
    They look great. I applied a light coat of renaissance wax.
    Colonel, as they say, the check is in the mail.

Well...for some reason cannot upload photos. I resized them pretty small. No errors, just nothing.
    Will try again on Monday.
    NRA Benefactor