Bawanna completed a beautiful set of grips for my Dad's 1911 Colt Commander. The trick was to incorporate features never seen before to accommodate a bad thumb and hand too slight to comfortably grasp such a powerful and heavy handgun.

So step right up and look at Bawanna's craftsmanship.

This is an overview where you can see the thumb accommodation. My thumb doesn't move right to press the standard release. So I got an extended paddle release which sticks way above the standard grip, and way, way above the slim grips for this gun. Of course that presents a problem in that we don't want the mag choosing when to drop, thus the "Paddle Barrier". I can slide my thumb down across the release without releasing the mag unintentionally.

These are closeups of the Paddle Barrier - Soon everybody will want one! Note how well Bawanna fit it to the paddle.

This is the often neglected side of the gun. He did another beautiful job there also.

Did I mention these are thin? How about REALLY thin!! Perfect for my hand!

I asked Bawanna what kind of tool makes all these cuts on both panels. He said each one is done by hand taking 4 cuts. I thought about at least counting the number of lines but that's too much work. I'm flabbergasted at the attention and effort to turn out such a beautiful piece of work. I told him my hands would be shaking when I got near the end whispering "Don't screw it up now, bonehead!"

Now aren't these terrific!? This wood never looked this good on the tree for sure. Here's a big applause for the man! Thank you SO much for your craftsmanship and hard work, Bawanna.