Year of the 10/22 or birth of a Charger Mares Leg.

Wlfman contacted me not long ago with a project that he thunk up and wanted to know if I was interested in playing.
When I heard of the plan I was actually quite excited and anxious to get to making sawdust. So with his approval here the tail or birth of a Charger Mares Leg.

It important if you try this at home to have a Charger since it started life as a pistol and is perfectly ok and legal and stuff. The way it sits here in my man cave is not ok. My 10/22 is NOT a Charger and doesn't say Charger on the action.
That being said I was happy to discover that the barrel taper and everything on the Charger is exactly the same as the standard 10/22 Ruger rifle. The barrel channel fits perfectly.

Before everyone falls asleep here's some pictures.

Here's the standard 10/22 stock shortly after I cut off both ends. It wasn't quite as stressful as bobtailing a 1911 since there are lots of standard 10/22 stocks out there and I have two more waiting in the wings in case I screwed up.

Started sanding since I knew it was going to be a total refinish before we was done.

More sanding and starting fabricate a buttplate.

Took a big chunk out of the fore end to create kind of a snable. Hoping it helps keep the hand from venturing too far forward.

Buttplate on.

Standing next to a uncut 10/22 rifle.