Tommy Gun   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 167 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Default Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Bawanna completed a beautiful set of grips for my Dad's 1911 Colt Commander. The trick was to incorporate features never seen before to accommodate a bad thumb and hand too slight to comfortably grasp such a powerful and heavy handgun.

So step right up and look at Bawanna's craftsmanship.

This is an overview where you can see the thumb accommodation. My thumb doesn't move right to press the standard release. So I got an extended paddle release which sticks way above the standard grip, and way, way above the slim grips for this gun. Of course that presents a problem in that we don't want the mag choosing when to drop, thus the "Paddle Barrier". I can slide my thumb down across the release without releasing the mag unintentionally.

These are closeups of the Paddle Barrier - Soon everybody will want one! Note how well Bawanna fit it to the paddle.

This is the often neglected side of the gun. He did another beautiful job there also.

Did I mention these are thin? How about REALLY thin!! Perfect for my hand!

I asked Bawanna what kind of tool makes all these cuts on both panels. He said each one is done by hand taking 4 cuts. I thought about at least counting the number of lines but that's too much work. I'm flabbergasted at the attention and effort to turn out such a beautiful piece of work. I told him my hands would be shaking when I got near the end whispering "Don't screw it up now, bonehead!"

Now aren't these terrific!? This wood never looked this good on the tree for sure. Here's a big applause for the man! Thank you SO much for your craftsmanship and hard work, Bawanna.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Excellent job!

Beautiful!
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Excellent photos Old Lincoln. I'm putting you in charge of marketing effective immediately.

I think they look better in the pics than real life. I could have done a little better in the release barrier, couple rough spots but hopefully only your grip maker wil know for sure.

Thanks for the kind words.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

never seen such beautful work and the work around that mag release is simply one of a kind. Bawanna, u truly amaze me. I should have let you go ahead and make all my wood panels for my Porsche like u wanted to do...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Thanks Jocko, coming from you this is a real feather in my headdress. I'm there for ya on those Porsche panels, you just know I am.

I'm heading to my man cave now to whittle on some mesquite for jlottmc and maybe a little ebony for TD2k. I got 2 hands right?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna,I never dreamed you were such an artist.Those grips are so beautiful they make my britches stick out in front.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich View Post
    Bawanna,I never dreamed you were such an artist.Those grips are so beautiful they make my britches stick out in front.
    Well my life is complete now. There is no higher endorsement than that. I don't mind admiting theres some tears welling up inside my tear ducts as I try to type this message.
    It could be sawdust I just rubbed them but naw it's pure pride.

Thanks Dietrich for the glowing endorsement.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Absolutely beautiful work Bawanna, never seen better!
    I can't go to work today,the voices said "stay home and clean the guns"

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Well my life is complete now. There is no higher endorsement than that. I don't mind admiting theres some tears welling up inside my tear ducts as I try to type this message.
    It could be sawdust I just rubbed them but naw it's pure pride.

Thanks Dietrich for the growing endorsement.
    Fixed it for ya...

seriously...those are awesome!