Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 127 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1809

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Me likey both...quite a bit.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I love the grain on that Enfield stock.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Just admiring your work.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Thanks for that. Sometimes I look myself, it's kind of a trip down memory lane. Stuff I'd forgotten about.

I'll have some more pics of the Ruger Mares Leg after a bit. I tried to put some poly clear finish on it to prevent the blonde from getting dirty looking as they usually do. Apparently the poly finish and the finish I put on before had a bad reaction. Didn't dry and turned into a gooey mess. Had to recut all the checkering (again) to get the gooey mess out.
    I found some stain I've had around for a long time that turned out marvelous on another Mossberg 22 I got and thought I'd try it on the birch, not near as nice as the Walnut on the Mossberg but not bad. It's still a bit sticky, hoping it dries so I don't have to start all over yet again. I know the clear works on the Walnut stain so if it dries we'll be ok. (I hope).
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

In progress shots of some T9 grips I'm working. Got most of the hard part done today. Now if I luck out and get the screw holes exactly right we're almost home free. A lot of shaping yet to do and then scratch some checkering.

Still a little boxy,

Perfect fit along the back.

Perfect fit along the bottom, always a troublesome area but nailed it first time this trip.

Probably quit for the night while I'm ahead and hope to spend some quality time with them tomorrow.
    These things are a time consumer but a nice rewarding feeling when you pull a set off that are right.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wow!... Just, ...Wow!

Those are looking great, so far!

-wlf

Very nice work boss. I has a set of wood grips on my K9 I still need to find some screws for. The extra long screws I has found all seem to have some taper that makes them useless to me as it starts just before where I need to cut the screw so the taper is in the area that actually needs purchase. I may need to send em to you as they are smooth and I likes me some checkerin.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Very nice work boss. I has a set of wood grips on my K9 I still need to find some screws for. The extra long screws I has found all seem to have some taper that makes them useless to me as it starts just before where I need to cut the screw so the taper is in the area that actually needs purchase. I may need to send em to you as they are smooth and I likes me some checkerin.
    Can probably recess the holes a bit and make standard screws work too. Send me a PM and we'll work it out if you wish.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Very admirable work you do man!

Spent most of the day today getting them shaped and looking like grips. Thought I'd gamble and put on a little stain. A little disappointed that the grain isn't nicer, woods always a gamble. And they may get better with some checkering or a few other tricks I might throw at it. They fill good and fit well, that's the main thing.

I'll post a pic in the morning, let the sawdust settle all over the man cave for awhile.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan