Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 177 of 183 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1823

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Dang man! You got the right piece of wood that time for sure! 2nd from the left piece as previously discussed?
    Lol about the bushings. There’s a reason why the Carry I’m working on is fully disassembled, but the bushings. Everything I’ve been doing, I’ve done with the bushings in place. Can’t say it’s the first one like this though. But yeah, totally agree. They almost weld them in there. Yours is looking phenomenal!

I can't say for sure which piece it was now, been handling and drooling and figuring, so I'm kind of confused. Each piece does get me 3 slabs so 1 1/2 sets of grips. The piece left over from this set, isn't far off from the piece left on the last one so should be a decent match. 1st and 2nd set here are book ended so just the saw blade removed from in between. Doesn't always mean a lot as you'll see when we post pictures of Ken's. I love em but they sure look different right and left.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I’ve never been able to simultaneously look at the left side and the right side, so I personally do not care as much about that as others may. Both sides in the pics you posted have curves and opposing directions, which is what I love. That’s why I like the spalted stuff. Changes directions multiple times. I know what you mean by the boom ended stuff though. I’ve seen others mentioning that when selling scales for gun and/or knife grips.

Boom? Boom? Maybe m should be K but I'm okay with Boom.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Boom? Boom? Maybe m should be K but I'm okay with Boom.
    Si senior! Ya got me!

Nice looking grips Colonel. Lots going on with that grain.

I can't recall for sure if any of the grip bushings on the various Tisas' I've owned as being hard to get out, but then again I always use the Challis tools before I swap them over to hex heads. I have garfed up a couple of the slotted over the years, just don't recall which guns they were on. Could have been a Tisas I guess.

I don't have to see them first, you can just post them here.

Some folks do put Loktite on the bushings. Hitting them with a Hair Dryer helps.

Some replacement bushing vendors, recommend using Loktite 222L (Purple), made for screws. I sometimes use just a wee bit, apply it with a toothpick.

If you are going to change a lot of bushings, might pay to get a bushing thread tap (.236 x 60tpi). Then you can chase the threads as needed.
    NRA Benefactor

I don't use anything as I'm forever swapping bushing. I try to avoid it when I can. Don't have any trouble with them coming loose so far. I should get that tap though just in case. I don't do much metal, I'd probably screw the threads up with the tap.

These are what I'd call medium slim. Takes short bushings and short screws. They feel good to me. Book ended but you can see the difference in the grain and color. Wood, it's wonderful stuff.

Since these are going on an Ed Brown, I used my Wilson for a model. Hoping the fit is perfect but as usual a little tweaking might be in order.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

WOW. Just WOW

Outstanding!
    Bravo Zulu
    NRA Benefactor