Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 105 of 181 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1809

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

those almost look like Himalayan Imports, but..... not so much..

you're killing me here.... I assume you have a cnc or some high tech milling thing going on out in the garage??

at first I thought you were widdling with a butter knife and a finger nail file...

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDaze View Post
    those almost look like Himalayan Imports, but..... not so much..

you're killing me here.... I assume you have a cnc or some high tech milling thing going on out in the garage??

at first I thought you were widdling with a butter knife and a finger nail file...
    They are in fact Himilayan Import Bowies. When I'm not here (I'm always here) I'm there. My fellow moderator and distant partner in crime planted the kuhkri seed a couple years back and while he found the cure apparently I'm still obsessed.
    The two larger ones have been in their line for a long time. I wanted a smaller version that I could carry on my belt every day. So I contacted the nice lady (Nepalese) who runs the show and she had some made up to my drawings. It's a great little knife.
    Many refer to it as the bawanna bowie or the IBBB. Itty Bitty Bawanna Bowie. Officially I think it's the Micro Mini AK Bowie.
    I wear one every day. She had 18 made in first batch and they sold in one day. A second batch with a handle one inch longer for big hands sold nearly as quickly.

No milling machine, no butter knife, a lot like a finger nail file.
    Look at it as one line at a time and not the big picture.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

No milling machine, no butter knife, a lot like a finger nail file.
    Look at it as one line at a time and not the big picture.
    wow... im seriously blown away !!!! I stand corrected, I'm not to familiar with the new kamis marks, and didn't see the other side of the blade for the ub..

are you talking about auntie yangdu ???

Yes indeed. Nice lady and I consider her a friend. Met her last summer. Chatted with her this morning.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well I once again branched out a little bit and play with some Elk Antler a bit.
    Sort of eased into it when another fella offered his bowie with a badly connected handle for a guinea pig. His turned out so nice to my minds eye that I jumped right into my own.

I'm really happy with how they turned out. Challenging but not nearly as tough to work with as the ivory etc.

Photo evidence. Mine is in the foreground with full coverage on the handle. I left the tang like original on the guinea pig but can easily shorten that a bit if the owner prefers.

Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Very nice indeed! The last time I tried to do that with antler the dang antler was 1/2 hollow. Have not tried it since.

Really enjoy see'n yer work!
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Man those look good. Makes me want to take up a new hobby but I have no time.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Fabulous job on those! Love the look on the Commander.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

I have a full sized SP-01 and compact P-01 if you still want to borrow them Col.

So, I'm surfing on another forum and see some work that I think has had a familiar hand to it. I scroll down a little more and find that I am correct in that.
    Bawanna's been holding out on us:

Photo credit: posted by Bookie here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...e-of-The-World
    It seems he's added engraving to his repertoire as well:

(again Bookie's photo)
    Well done Sir!
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>