Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 101 of 167 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1665

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Ahmen!+++++

I imagine that using an opti visor would be better than a magnifier on a stand, because with the magnifier you would be glancing back and forth from your field of work and your eyes would have to adjusts every time. The visor would be in your field of view all the time.
    BUT it would mess up my hair!!! LOL

Hair is becoming less and less of an issue with me anymore. The opti visor is the ticket. I can position it so I can look under it to grab another tool etc. I also had a little TV, don't work as a TV but it plays video's.
    When I find myself waking up with my face in the sawdust I plug in a movie. It hurts production some since I end up watching the movie but at least I don't nap with my face in the dust.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

beautiful work

Man, Bawanna I sure do wish I'd have bought a model you could make me some grips. Your grips are gorgeous. Hey, I just had a bunch of timber cut and the stumps pushed up. A lot were maple , wild cherry, and some ash. Well and lot of pine but I don't reckon those are worth anything. Would the stumps have any cool looking grains in them or is it just burls I should look for. Gonna have to do it soon I've got to burn the brush piles to plant grass.

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlingR View Post
    Man, Bawanna I sure do wish I'd have bought a model you could make me some grips. Your grips are gorgeous. Hey, I just had a bunch of timber cut and the stumps pushed up. A lot were maple , wild cherry, and some ash. Well and lot of pine but I don't reckon those are worth anything. Would the stumps have any cool looking grains in them or is it just burls I should look for. Gonna have to do it soon I've got to burn the brush piles to plant grass.
    I really can't say for sure. I know there are several varieties of Maple and some can be pretty cool and others not so much, don't know about Cherry.

I suspect it would be a lot of work to get pieces of it out, if it was burl or we knew it had some nice figure in it, it would definitely be worth the effort, they charge a ton for good wood.

I remember burning stumps and clearing trees. My whole place was solid woods. Did it mostly by hand until the end when I had a back hoe for a bit. Then I got hurt and the neighbor who runs a dump truck called in the cavalry and cleared a huge stump pile that I'd been working on for a couple years. Cleared, graded and ready for grass.

You find something that takes wood grips, I'll fix ya up. Gotta be something I got or can borrow. I can usually find most stuff.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cherry can have some beautiful grain, split them before you burn them!
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Thanks for the info gents. I'll have to keep my eyes open maybe I will find some gems. I do have a P90 my Dad left me I don't think he would mind if I altered it. In fact we used to restore antique furniture together the more I think about it I think he'd be proud. How do you think it would look with some nice wood grain?

Everything looks good with nice wood. I've not looked at a P90 very close so I don't know what the grip is actually like.

Seems like they are pretty thin? If they are too thin sometimes wood doesn't always work.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Not sure I'll have to take them off and break out the micrometer. Hey I almost forgot I also have an AMT Backup .380. haven't carried it in awhile. Also just thought ever done them for a Super BlackHawk have one of those in Stainless 44Mag too, she was actually the first handgun I bought. She'd be awful pretty with wood grips. I'm gonna have to look around the brush piles next day I get to feelin good.