Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 121 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1665

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Here's a shot of the pistol grip modified to English style. Note the little piece I cut off.

I put some electrical tape on the nose to see what an ebony forend would look like. I'm not sure it sings to me. Maybe shorten it a bit, maybe scnabel it a bit to give it some lines. Not sure yet.
    It's bloody hot round these parts this week, probably just sit and sweat, pretend I live in Arizona next door to my pal Greg.

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That’s what I thought it was gonna look like, once I learned that you were planning an English-style stock. However, I woulda never thought of that, had you not mentioned it. The pistol grip kept me from seeing the English style stock “underneath”. I’m looking forward to (hopefully) seeing more updates throughout the progression.

I’m gonna have to do a search for “ebony forend”. I don’t know if I have seen one of those in real life.

-Wlf

You see it on a lot of Remington higher end rifles. It's just a black tip on the fore end. Sometimes they are square to the stock, sometimes they are cut at an angle. Pretty much just cosmetic.

I mounted a sling swivel for a bi pod last night and I might add a tip just to give me another half inch or so to make it look right.
    I should have done that first in hind sight. I would have did the front cut not so far out. The base of the bi pod hangs over the cut just a bit.
    Don't hurt a thing but cosmetically it looks like an afterthought. It's all about looking cool. And I was probably an afterthought myself so guess it all works out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I decided to change canoes in mid stream on my Charger Mares Leg. I reconfigured the front end straight eliminating the hump. My thinking is the bi-pod mount acts as a good positive hand stop. Makes a little more streamlined nose.
    I still prefer the looks of the hump if a bi-pod isn't used but since this is a concept version I'll see how this works.

I also found that since the bi-pod that comes with the Charger locks in place I can mount it backwards with the legs folded to the rear. This makes a more compact package and still allows plenty of room for my weak hand to shoot it without using the bi-pod.
    A Harris folds up if you put enough pressure on it. Still the Harris is a superior product but this is not bad and will work fine for this project.
    This also keeps the legs behind the muzzle when shooting sans bi-pod so they don't get blasted every shot. Another bonus.

Then a bunch of time sanding and threw some stain on it.

Photo evidence or it didn't happen.

I'll let that dry a spell and then decide weather to go shiny on the finish or my usual oil.
    Think I'll go swap out the air horns from my tractor mower (deceased) to my zero turn. What's a lawn mower without an air horn?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I'm liking the look of that
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I think I'm about to the end of the trail on this Mare's leg until I get some trigger time with it. I may scratch some checkering on it but I'm pleased with the feel and shape of it at this point.

Probably a few more coats of oil and we'll call it good.

The modified buttplate worked out ok after some fine tuning. I so like rubber as they don't slide and fall over when you lean them up against something but this will work.

Even with the bi pod off which it most likely will be there's plenty of hand stop with the sling mount and rail up front.
    Zero chance of the hand going to far forward and getting perforated.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Now just maybe I'll get my other Mares Leg back?

We tried the Charger on for size and she can shoulder it and the trigger is near perfect for her. Just might have her try it in a few weeks on vacation. If she wants too that is. Might be a bit early yet and I won't do it if many go with us to the range.

Don't want it too crowded or noisy for her. Have to keep it all pleasant and happy.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Sweet!!

That turned out real nice.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I branched out a little bit and found a use for all the little pieces of wood not big enough for grips. Also put my 15 year old hardly ever used little lathe to good use. Fella on another forum turned me on to pen making. It's way easier than I expected and a lot of fun. Plus it's pretty quick.
    Made about a dozen so far and got a bunch more kits on the way.

There's some Zebra wood, Wenge, Figured Hickory, Bubinga, a couple that came with the kit that I already forgot.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan