Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 125 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1799

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Those look great! At first I thought it was obsidian, which would make for some interesting grips. But the horn would have a better texture.

Colonel, I want to pick your brain on S&W Model 66 round butt stocks. I like the size and shape of the Pachmayr "Compact" rubber grips, but I want them in wood. No one seems to offer such an animal. I can get Altamont boot grips, but they have a kind of a pointy surface down at the pinky and I just know that's going to hurt. I could sand them rounded I guess. Am I the only one who would want "Compact" grips in wood? The purpose of wood over rubber is to not snag on clothing, and be small so they don't stick out much.

If they made grips like those in wood for my SP101, I'd purchase a set in a minute. I've seen Pachmayr's Renegade, but I don't like the fit in pictures, especially in back of the trigger guard. I've read that fit is hit or miss. I've seen a few on Fleabay that would be close, a bit longer on the bottom, but very nice wood at $100 a set.

I LOVE those Speed Six woodies! The only thing I’d add is some checkering.

I have the Chinese Pachmyer wood grips on my J-frame and they’re ok, but very fat.

I LOVE those Speed Six woodies! The only thing I’d add is some checkering.

I have the Chinese Pachmyer wood grips on my J-frame and they’re ok, but very fat.
    Are they checkered or smooth. Seems they would be easy to slim down.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Those look great! At first I thought it was obsidian, which would make for some interesting grips. But the horn would have a better texture.

Colonel, I want to pick your brain on S&W Model 66 round butt stocks. I like the size and shape of the Pachmayr "Compact" rubber grips, but I want them in wood. No one seems to offer such an animal. I can get Altamont boot grips, but they have a kind of a pointy surface down at the pinky and I just know that's going to hurt. I could sand them rounded I guess. Am I the only one who would want "Compact" grips in wood? The purpose of wood over rubber is to not snag on clothing, and be small so they don't stick out much.

I, too, really love my 66-8 with Pachmayr Compac grips. Have you checked out Ahrends? Their S&W Tactical Grips page has pics of some rounded grips. Their Retro grips look pretty nice too. I was looking into purchasing one earlier, but can't bring myself to change out the Pachmayr's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Are they checkered or smooth. Seems they would be easy to slim down.
    Smooth and glossy. If they were checkered they'd slip less in recoil I think. I actually just ordered some Altamont boot grips for it which I think will be ideal.

I did look at Ahrends, the "round butt smooth" looks good but the pinky rest area should be more rounded. For $80 I kinda expect not to have to finish their work. But they seem like they'd customize it with rounding and checkering if I ask. And pay more.

All right...

J-frame comparisons time. On the left is the Altamont boot grip with gator texture, hot off the Amazon truck. They appear to be the exact dimensions of the Hogue Bantam grip but with a different profile just behind the trigger guard. Then there's the Bantam which clearly has a rounder pinky area. I think the Bantam is fantastic but the rubber is grippy. Then the Pachyderm Chinese made grips. You can see how much larger the Pachmayrs are.

The maximum widths are as follows:

Altamont: 1 5/32"
    Hogue: 1 3/16"
    Pachmayr: 1 7/32"

Doesn't seem like much but my wife says every 1/32" counts. I don't think she's talking about concealment, but I am.

The Altamonts are my hands down favorite for looking cool. I have similar grips on my wife's J Frame, they feel really good to me and she likes them too.

The Pachmyers would be easy to remove some of that bottom wood. Don't know what the other side looks like but it could be done.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Finally finished a set of Water Buffalo horn 1911 grips. I'm happy that the checkering didn't take away for the coloring at all, hardly notice it. Does help the grip considerable.
    Now to decide what to hang them on.

Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Something in stainless would be nice...…………………………………………...

I think so too, they don't sing well on a blued gun. I'll go there first I think I have one or two of those stainless jobs.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan