Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 157 of 183 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1823

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Been awhile, been making other stuff the wife dreams up for her to peddle at Bazaars and for her friends etc.

Here's a plant stand she made me build. I was skeptical but it turned out pretty decent and plenty solid for such small frame lumber. I'm a framer so on this little stuff I often overbuild stuff. I need to get over that and realize they don't have to be used as a jack stand for the truck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Finally got around to making a couple sets of Colt Woodsman grips. Friends son just joined the Coast Guard so I whittled out some Walnut and inlaid some Coast Guard pins. I made the friend a set for his also. Not sure what the wood is but it's beautiful and sadly the last chunk of that. He has 5 Colt Challengers (greedy dude, I only got 1 but it's a Match Target, envision me thumbing my nose some).
    Thought they would be pretty tough but figured it out pretty quickly and they aren't that bad at all. Found one last piece of Coco Bolo which I can no longer get for some unknown reason. Gonna make another set of Woodsman while it's in my small capacity mind.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

And the big highlight of my year so far.....Same friend I did the Woodsman Grips for gave me his Grandfathers Trapdoor Springfield. 1873 model made in 1883. His dad who was a very good friend and coworker at the city had it. It was just stuffed in a corner of their garages for the last 50 years. It was pretty rough looking.
    I like to go minimal approach. I figured I'd be sanding and reblueing or browning etc. But as I got into it, it was mostly just crud and like paint spots etc. So I went over the stock with Ballistol and steel wood. It cleaned up really good and the wood is solid and no need for any refinishing. The metal looked like a lot of bad rust but again I went at it with oil and steel wood and most of it came off, what appeared to be pitting wasn't really very bad at all and it actually looks like the bluing is intact. I was shocked. And the thing that knocked me out of my roll away chair was the bore which looked hideous as I expected with one patch thru looked like brand spanking new. Very slight reddish tint on the first patch which also knocked out the spider webs and other junk. A brush and a few patches and it's shiny as can be. No discoloration, no pitting, strong lands. I almost cried. (but that would be highly unmanly and I wouldn't admit it even if I did ya know?).
    I was shopping for a few missing pieces like a cleaning rod and the hammer is broken. But realizing it's a keepsake and a wall hanger although I know it would shoot fine now. I think I'll just get a hammer, can find them for less than 50 bucks. The cleaning rods are rare and often over a 100 bucks so I'll either leave without or come up with something fake to fill the void.
    Regardless I'm a happy camper. Been wanting one for a very long time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Great job on the projects, though we Navy guys consider the Coast Guard as puddle jumpers. All in good fun, of course. And that Springfield cleaned up really well. I agree, it is an heirloom for sure. Also agree with shooting it. What caliber is it?

Nice work, as usual, Colonel! I bet the Woodsman owners are super happy. You really put some nice contours in there, making them look factory. As far as the flower stand goes, yeah that does look bullet proof. Can sub in as a step ladder if need be.

Good looking plant stand. To your point I figure there’s no such thing as overbuilt. If it was at my house it just may end up with a plant on top as heavy as a car.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    Great job on the projects, though we Navy guys consider the Coast Guard as puddle jumpers. All in good fun, of course. And that Springfield cleaned up really well. I agree, it is an heirloom for sure. Also agree with shooting it. What caliber is it?
    I'm pretty sure it's 45/70. But a 45 cleaning brush was quite loose. I used the next size up which I think was 480 or something. I meant to look up the bullet diameter of the 45/70 and see if was a bit larger than the standard 45.

They made a 50/?? but I don't think they did those in the 1873 model. I researched the heck out of these things years ago and I've already forgotten most of what I deciphered.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Anybody out there have a take off factory Ruger 10/22 wood stock laying around they would part with reasonable? I want to do another 10/22 Mares leg. Don't have anybody wanting one at the moment but somebody mentioned a Charger not long ago and it got my wheels to turning on another Mares leg.
    I used to be able to find them for 10 or 15 bucks all day long, now apparently since everyone knows I want one they start about 50.

Figured it don't hurt to ask yall.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Nice work on all your projects!
    Your Springfield looks a lot nicer than mine, which has a broken firing pin.
    I have a replacement from Dixie Gun Works, but will have to let a smith install it - some issues with the screw on the trapdoor.
    Mine does have a cleaning rod and a bayonet.
    Dad bought it as surplus from the Missouri National Guard sometime in the 1920s for $1.25.

Four pages of Trapdoor parts at Dixie here:

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/...ield+Trapdoor/
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Anybody out there have a take off factory Ruger 10/22 wood stock laying around they would part with reasonable? I want to do another 10/22 Mares leg. Don't have anybody wanting one at the moment but somebody mentioned a Charger not long ago and it got my wheels to turning on another Mares leg.
    I used to be able to find them for 10 or 15 bucks all day long, now apparently since everyone knows I want one they start about 50.

Figured it don't hurt to ask yall.
    Both of my 10/22’s have the factory, old school stocks (metal butt plate). If you come upon a black poly stock I would trade you. But, I think that by the time we pay for shipping, might not be in our favor. Let me look something up… think I saw one for sale around here and if I can make a connection that is worth your while then that would be a good thing. Be back in a bit!
    UPDATE: Sorry Colonel, that guys ad is gone. My offer stands if that’s something that would suite.