Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 18 of 180 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Well the first set of grips out of the new "better stuff" from Iowa are done. I sent them to Old Lincoln to work his magic and make them viewable. I'll post here in my usual thumb size portraits in case he's laying low.

This stuff was totally different to work with. Where the first stuff worked like balsa wood, this stuff was like steel or at least ebony. I do all the shaping with a hand file so you know where I've been for several hours.
    I think they turned out awesome. Hoping to build myself a set to call my very own. A grip makers gun is always the last well dressed gun in the neighborhood.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna,those grips do look great

I like the PINK grips better..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Here's some of the enlarged pics:

•"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I'm on the prowl for some pink koa from Havaii. Just for my pal Jocko. I'll keep it in stock just for him.

Reminds me a friend went to Hawaii and asked a local if it was pronounced Hawaii or Havaii, the local said Havaii. He thanked him and the local said your velcome.

I think I set an all time speed record today. I made another set nearly identical to those pictured for myself. Yup MINE, all mine! After sticking those pictured in a box I just said I got to have my own.

I broke my usual protocol and took everything out to the garage with the bench belt sander. Saved about 4 hours or so of filing. I over sanded in a couple spots, the price we pay for speed, most wouldn't even notice but they look darn near as pretty and will do just fine for me.

Show and tell at work again tomorrow.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Looking like grips.
    Beautiful work. You are a true master.

WRT those Marine Corps panels...can you make them with the U.S. Army symbol?

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by CarlCyrus View Post
    Beautiful work. You are a true master.

WRT those Marine Corps panels...can you make them with the U.S. Army symbol?

Carl
    Not exactly sure what US Army symbol your talking about but probably so.

I'm working on a Tinker Bell inlay in Pink Hawaiin Koa for Jocko.

Tell me what your thinking of and we'll see what we can whittle out.

You ain't related to Billy Ray and Miley are ya?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Default Great grips

Hey uncle B, great job with the grips, those look absolutely fantastic again. Hopefully they'll have a longer half-life than the original DIY'ers. Those farm folk sure do know what they're doing, I may just have to make a stop in there and take a look-see for you. I'm definitely a big fan of the black and gold, looking forward to seeing the pics tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyKahr View Post
    Hey uncle B, great job with the grips, those look absolutely fantastic again. Hopefully they'll have a longer half-life than the original DIY'ers. Those farm folk sure do know what they're doing, I may just have to make a stop in there and take a look-see for you. I'm definitely a big fan of the black and gold, looking forward to seeing the pics tomorrow.
    You lost me, (not hard to do) pics of what. The second set I did today? They look near identical to the last ones I posted. Course no two are exactly alike. Chuckle......There are many Box Elder stabilized grips but these Box Elder stabilized grips are MINE. Just a little Full Metal Jacket humor for ya.

I've already discovered they are completely impervious to drool.

Be cool if you did stop in there. Check it out, maybe fill up a truck with cool wood. Stuff ain't cheap though, I kid you not. That one little block in the pictures 1 1/2 x 1 1/8 x 5 = 32 bucks. Get 3 slabs out of it. If he added another 1/8 to the thickness I could get 4 each, that would help things out immensely.
    Oh well all it gets me is "The Look".............Get that "T" yet?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Default Ethanol added to slabs?

The pics I was commenting about were the first set you made of the black and gold from the new batch you got from corn country a page or two back. I was at a conference and gone for a few days so I'm still playing catch up (After two plus days I was over 600 posts in the hole), so I'm a little slow. Sorry for the confusion.

I wasn't actually talking about the second set you made today, although I'm sure they're just as pretty. The lens on the webcam I had installed in your mancave was foggy and fully covered by sawdust, so I couldn't get my daily fix of BawannaDoesWood.com today. Such a waste that I didn't get to see you sand and whittle today, especially after that recurring $49.99/month fee kicked in. I'm not sure what jocko does with all the proceeds, must be aiming for another Porsche or industrial-size refrigerator out in his mancave or something.

I'd be game to take a look around and see what all he has going on in his shop, if he's open to it. Maybe pick up a few pieces that are extra special and set aside for their exquisite value. I'm sure he'd be willing to up his cut size 1/8" if you asked extra nice. Wonder if they add any ethanol to the slabs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    You lost me, (not hard to do) pics of what. The second set I did today? They look near identical to the last ones I posted. Course no two are exactly alike. Chuckle......There are many Box Elder stabilized grips but these Box Elder stabilized grips are MINE. Just a little Full Metal Jacket humor for ya.

I've already discovered they are completely impervious to drool.

Be cool if you did stop in there. Check it out, maybe fill up a truck with cool wood. Stuff ain't cheap though, I kid you not. That one little block in the pictures 1 1/2 x 1 1/8 x 5 = 32 bucks. Get 3 slabs out of it. If he added another 1/8 to the thickness I could get 4 each, that would help things out immensely.
    Oh well all it gets me is "The Look".............Get that "T" yet?