Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 23 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Sigh.... This one's for Mikey!

I told you not to post those nudie pictures of me (check out that mustache Melissa) I sent ya by accident. Your scareing the women and children.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Got my new grips in today and they are fantastic. Great work and attention to detail. I can't wait to show them off to my friends.

Very cool. Thanks for posting those. I see the screws on the one side even lined up the same. WMD turned me onto that. The right side not so much??

Looks like they fit well.

How was the thickness. In the heat of sinking those pins I kind of spaced on the thickness. Are they ok?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The thickness and fit are fine. The stock grips were squared off and they didn't extend above the plunger tube. The new grips are notched so they go above the tube. I had to lightly sand down the notch a little so the grip left side grip would fit.

I guess the RIA is a little different on the dimensions. It took me about 2 min with a dremel tool and a sanding disc.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    The thickness and fit are fine. The stock grips were squared off and they didn't extend above the plunger tube. The new grips are notched so they go above the tube. I had to lightly sand down the notch a little so the grip left side grip would fit.

I guess the RIA is a little different on the dimensions. It took me about 2 min with a dremel tool and a sanding disc.
    Most grips I've seen they just cut em off below that plunger tube. I like to make it look like I put a little effort into it and bury it. I think it looks better, takes a little longer but worth it. Kind of depends on extended safeties and stuff. WMD had a plated real pretty plunger tube so he wanted it not covered.

The letters on those pins are above the wood but no matter how tightly I gripped I didn't feel them hurting my hand in any way. Let me know how they feel when you shoot it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I like the way you curved the grip over the plunger tube also. I've squeezed the grips hard also and don't feel the letters will be a problem.

I've considered that part of it as well although I've never ever had a plunger tube come loose before but it obviously can happen, your living proof of that.

I'll have to include that in my catalog as a reliablility enhancement. Good stuff.

So far my catalogs up to almost half a page. Still a little thin, need filler and propoganda. Maybe I should regroup and call it a leaflet instead of a catalog?

I guess I better get after building you some reliablility enhanced grips for that Cbob. Since I got it's twin I got a good model to work on. Don't want that baby letting you down when the chips are falling.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I've made several half checkered grips. I think they look nice and they are especially good when you have a wood that loses it's look when checkered. The checkered area is where you need it and the smooth gives a nice contrast and shows the wood grain. Haven't found too many around here that care for it.
    It's like skip line checkering, I love it and think it looks great, but many don't care for it either. Lots of different taste I guess.

I've also made slim grips and stepped up the area to go over the plunger tube. So you get the slim feel but still cover up the tube. I'll see if I can find a picture of that. I think my small Para I did that way.

Those are nice looking handles thats for sure.

I'm blushing to be considered in the same heap as the top craftsman but I'm working at it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I don't have my associate Old Lincolns email here at work, thought I did but heres a small pic of my chiefs grips where I took slim and stepped up over the tube. Couldn't find a picture of them on the gun. I'll try to remedy that too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I'd rather mess with mother nature than fool with JMB. The man was my hero and an honest to goodness genius.

I sure hope he's pleased with my little thin grip tweak. If he ain't happy I'll never do it again I swear.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan