Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've often thought if I could figure out a way to put nice wood grips on a Glock I'd have more money than Davy Crockett.

Would be sweet to have a PM with wood handles. Ahh the possibilities.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    I've often thought if I could figure out a way to put nice wood grips on a Glock I'd have more money than Davy Crockett.

Bawanna,

For Kahr PMs and CWs, why not? With your abilities, you could fashion one-piece wood panels for each side of the grip with a stick-on adhesive backing -- similar to the "Decal Rubber Grips" made for the Kahr pistols, but in one-piece panels for each side, instead of Decal's two-piece panels.

I've got the adhesive Decal grips on 2 of my 3 Kahr's (PM9 Blackened DLC, PM9, and CW9) and the adhesive backing holds up well.

I've got a roll of brown duct tape. Who knows, it could be a new fashion statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell
    Kahr's: K9, PM9, P380
    SOB's: 1911's, Sig's, Smith's . . .

Those are as nice looking as any grips ive seen custom made. What wood is that? Cocobola? I reread the 1st post many times to see if i missed it as they look better than Cocobola usually does.
    Odd I was never a fan of that wood, But if thats what those are i guess i better start rethinking my position. I think it may be the glossy look and high contrast in the wood colors you usually don't see in checkered Cocobola wood.

I think you actually could make a business out of making grips to fit those mag releases as no one ive seen makes anything like those grips.

Hopefully ill still be around and not have pissed you off for some stupid reason and hope later i can get you to checker my MK grips in a custom pattern.

Again, Beautiful work Bawanna!

Wow, those are beautiful! What exceptional workmanship and attention to detail. I am totally inept at woodworking, so from my standpoint the ability to do cuts like that by hand borders on miraculous!

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com

Default wll

Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    Wow, those are beautiful! What exceptional workmanship and attention to detail. I am totally inept at woodworking, so from my standpoint the ability to do cuts like that by hand borders on miraculous!

John
    now u done it John H. Bawannas head was getting so swelled prior to your comment, that now he will have to live outside his trailer in the cold, until he can get someone to enlarge his door so he can get his head through it
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

"hope later i can get you to checker my MK grips in a custom pattern"

Das Friek, when your ready for some scratching on those grips I'm ready.

I'd love to make a business of this grip thing but will never happen. Just can't charge enough to support yourself doing it all by hand. The big boys with the power checkering machines and undocumented labor can checker a set in about 15 minutes. I laugh at some of the ads, "checkering add 5$"
    Takes me about 8 hours to checker a set of grip, use to take 3 times that long but I'm getting a little faster.

I'm not gonna get alot done today, headed down to the tire store to have em install a tire valve in my head. Thinking maybe right on top so it will help keep my hat on and when I wear the tin foil I can wrap it around there to secure it too.

All these nice things people sayin, Jocko's right, I'll expect a parade every time I go to town.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thumbs up

Those are some very nice grips Bawanna. You should be proud.

Well heres Jlott's mesquite 1911 grips with Marine Corp emblem inlaid for the quality control staff to inspect. All of you that is.

I kid you not, when I went to put oil on them I swear I heard a sound like Jocko slurping down the last of a giant chocolate shake.
    This mesquite stuff is some kind of dry, must not have seen a rain drop in a long long time.
    On the good side, the second the oil hit the wood it came to life, not like the cartoon characters where it suddenly wanted to be pals and go out for a 5$ footlong subway sandwich but the grain and the colors jumped right out.

So far I've put 3 applications of oil on and I still hear the slurping sound so probably a couple more to come.

Jlott, PM me a mailing address so I can send these babies home.

Feel free to critique at will. If I'm overtaken with criticism I'll just lie down and think happy thoughts of the Jolly Rogers or small furry animals and after a time I'll be ok. I don't do serious or sensitive although I'm listening in to Mr. Surveyor's sensitivity sessions to see if I can benefit.

Ok bye
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Default Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Well heres Jlott's mesquite 1911 grips with Marine Corp emblem inlaid for the quality control staff to inspect. All of you that is.
    Grips look fantastic, B. I would not have expected any different coming from you, but then you up and go beyond my expectations! I'd be honored to own such grips, had I served in the USMC, and I'm sure jlottmc will enjoy having them especially coming from that "hunk of mesquite" he just had sitting around.