Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

"hope later i can get you to checker my MK grips in a custom pattern"

Das Friek, when your ready for some scratching on those grips I'm ready.

I'd love to make a business of this grip thing but will never happen. Just can't charge enough to support yourself doing it all by hand. The big boys with the power checkering machines and undocumented labor can checker a set in about 15 minutes. I laugh at some of the ads, "checkering add 5$"
    Takes me about 8 hours to checker a set of grip, use to take 3 times that long but I'm getting a little faster.

I'm not gonna get alot done today, headed down to the tire store to have em install a tire valve in my head. Thinking maybe right on top so it will help keep my hat on and when I wear the tin foil I can wrap it around there to secure it too.

All these nice things people sayin, Jocko's right, I'll expect a parade every time I go to town.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

bawanna, u mean ur not an illegal????
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    bawanna, u mean ur not an illegal????
    Define illegal?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I may throw you a curve ball that'll blow your mind. I may have you pretty up the grips on my CZ 52. Do a little research and you'll see that the grips are actually part of the magazine well and have a clip to keep them in place. Those would be evil to try.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Some are a nightmare to be sure. Even Browning High Powers have a little built in hook that holds the front in place. A challenge to get it in the right spot in relation to everything else.

I'm working on a miracle for you today, I've nearly got the corp emblems embedded in mesquite, one side is pretty much shaped. Hope to post some progress pics before the day is over with your permission.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I gotta weigh in here and will attest to the fine Bawanna craftsmanship. Here’s a set of stunning Myrtlewood grips that Mr. B carved for my 9mm Colt Commander. My crappy photography does not do them justice. They fit like a glove and at the Colt’s last Steel Challenge outing it got plenty of complements. Too bad my scores were borderline comical.
    I wanted a light wood for contrast and Myrtlewood is native to Bawannas stomping grounds. Did you drop one of those trees in the back yard just for my Colt? No wonder those grips cost me 2 arms and a leg (kidding!) BTW his customer service is second to none! Well done, thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Clemenza, The Godfather
    "I like a man who grins when he fights" Winston Churchill

You still got a leg left? Hmm, have to check my invoice. I honestly don't even recall.

I shall attempt to post some pics of Jlotts mesquite, Marine Corp inlay. I question my photographic abilities and don't know how some of you do so well.

You saw the log in the round previously, now there are slabs, then smaller slabs and now pretty much looking like a grip, or close to it. Might have to make a post, think I can only add 4 at a time or so.

Got an inadvertant shot of my PM45 riding IWB in a rig I got from a member awhile back. I'm not an IWB guy but this one is working pretty well.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Looking like grips.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Man those look nice and that inlay is perfect. Is it true that the grip is always there and you just remove the extra wood? I dont have that artistic ability but my wife does. She confirms that that statement is true for her. She says she can see it before she starts her project so it's easy to do.

By the way, on that last pic there is that picture in the background. Is that a print of one of your previous request "can I see her picture?" Just kidding. I see you are who you represent yourself to be online.

I'm not artistic and have no artistic abilities. Well I guess inlaying stuff in wood to make it look like it grew there might be ability but not artistic.
    I can't carve a picture, if some one draws me a picture I can sometimes make it happen but design ain't my thing.

Checkering is black and white, wrong or right with a little artistic thrown in for the really good guys.

I've been burned on that same picture before. Its' been there a long time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan