Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 9 of 181 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

great work! my kid is a freshman in njrotc and is trying to pick which branch: NAVY or AIR FORCE (he is a tech & math wiz and only weighs 110lbs soaking wet = not a MARINE) after high school. i smell a 1911 graduation present. good thing i have 3yrs to save up...lol.. nice work

Bawanna....I was just sitting here showing my wife pictures of the grips you have made. I am so envious of your talent/gift. My wife always tells me that she would love to be able to sing really well over just about any other talent. I have always wanted to be able to take something that looks like nothing and make something from it.....just like you do with these grips. I wish I had an ounce of your skill.

Very impressive indeed. I wish I lived somewhere near you so that I could come watch you at work. Maybe some of it would rub off on me!

Bawanna i gotta say the inlays you did on that 1911 look wonderful.
    That had to take hours of painstaking work with a small bit, And a few good brews to steady the hands!
    Awesome man!
    Im keeping my eyes open for a spare set of MK grips so i can talk to ya and come up with something kool and see how far you can go, Well as far as $20 will take ya! lol j/k

I've gone a long ways for less than 20 before.

revzx9r, we're on opposite ends of the country but my daughter is marrying a guy from Charlotte so I guess the country ain't really that wide.

I'll try to post some more pics if it will help keep your wife content and keep the 70 off her gotta go list.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ok guys. I just got the grips that our very own Master Grip Maker here sent back. They look better in person than in the pictures. Wow. I can't wait to mount them and see how they look. As for the EGA getting in the way, nope, not a bit. My brother had a larger one set on his Beretta that stuck out farther, it hasn't given a problem either. Seriously, these are a thing of beauty.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Outstanding, I was just wondering if they had made it there today or not. I'm genuinely tickled that your happy with them and hope your not just saying that so I don't get an inferiority complex and end up curled in a fetal position on the floor sucking my thumb. (Oh I am, is that a bad thing). I'm in the sawdust again today working on some more.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I may even try to post pictures tonight after I get off work, if I can kick the ole' lady in the a$$ after the kid goes to bed. No, I'm not just saying that. These grips are truly a sight to behold.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    I may even try to post pictures tonight after I get off work, if I can kick the ole' lady in the a$$ after the kid goes to bed. No, I'm not just saying that. These grips are truly a sight to behold.
    Well, long as you got the camera out you might as well take pics kicking the ole lady while your at it.

For a small minimal fee I'm sure we could make sure that statement doesn't reach her. I know if mine heard me say that it would definitely be a trip down the stairs for me. Not a pretty thought indeed.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Meh, that can be arranged. But then I have to get the dog to take the pictures, and that didn't work so well last time I tried it.

Guess this is as good a place as any for my show and tell. This is a set of 1911 grips I just finished today.

Ebony with a skip line checkered pattern. Wish I was the photographer that some of you guys are. I think I got a good camera but it's smarter than me and I of course don't know what buttons to push to make it do good things.

I'll email these to my IT guy Old Lincoln and perhaps he can make em big so they show up better. I'm gonna learn to do that someday too.

Also a shot of my new baby. Almost fits up the mag well of my double stack Para. Didn't try the Glock.
    Maybe a little zebra wood for handles in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan