Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 92 of 167 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Into Bawanna's Famous Grip Emporium

drooling at the grips... can't wait for you to get them for the newer MK's!
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

Just got back from the wood store. It was rather lean again, not much to even look at. I did get a piece of Rosewood that looks very much like the second photo in nimbadews post.

I'll have to look at the slip, already forgot what it's called. 32 bucks a board foot!

They had a large piece of ebony not completely useable due to sap wood and a few cracks. roughly 2 1/2' by maybe 7" average. They sell it by the pound.

It was 186 bucks. I wanted it but not that bad, so I left it.

Need to scout out another wood supplier.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

On the ol jocko serious side. Is there a wood called Ashwood??/ I have had in the back barn hanging for years the jawbone of an ass. Would we call that asswood or what?/ Just sayin. Ur welcome to it colonel
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Well a bone is a bone and don't never turn to wood. Might call it stag cept it ain't stag its ass.

Was it cute when it was alive or did you see it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

never thought of it that way,good point colonel. I willjust leave it hang up there for posterity. ur very wise colonel..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Say Colonel, how do you feel about workin' on Pau Ferro? Got a bid in on these:
    http://www.hogueauction.com/item.php...36e8413a1739c9
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Pau Ferro shouldn't be difficult to work with. What do you want me to do to it or you just comparing woods.

I haven't played with it very much but it is hard enough and a lot of places make grips out of it. Looks very nice although it can vary from beautiful to pretty plain too, like most other woods.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

If I win it, we will discuss particulars! Those are the actual grips I'm bidding on.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

You've got a real talent there Bawanna. I do a lot of varied types of wood work myself. Built cabinets, canoe, recurve bows, violins, fireplace mantels, etc, etc... Your grip work is Excellent stuff. A real talent.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Operators are standing by anxiously awaiting your call.

As I recall you wanted to discuss some auction grips over at the other place too. We never done that unless I forgot which could happen.

I ain't calling you out as a liar or nothing like that though, you gotta take my word on that.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan